I:

In old English fairytales, there's usually a prince inlove with a princess.When he meets her,he fells inlove with her at the first sight.But not all fairytales must contain a prince or princess.It could be a nobleman for a maiden or,

A Duke for the evil's Son.

But no, it is taboo,queer and wrong:a sin.But the answer is,my love,why not? What's wrong with it?Why can't they fall inlove? Ofcourse they can..

••••

"Lord Ji-min,"A tall, handsome looking man,dressed in all formal attire, spoke out in formally for the prince and the people present in the humongous hall room to hear.

"Yes?"The crowned prince answered with a steady motion of his hand, allowing the duke to speak or rather announce something.

"The coronation is getting nearer and nearer by each day,I was wondering if we could go to the lake by the great tree after the celebration.You could perhaps try the crossbow his Majesty will gift that day?"The said duke gave this recommendation.

The idea seemed quite pleasing to the crowned prince,Park Jimin, formally pronounced,Ji-min.The prince gave it a thought and gave the following opinion

"Yes,that sounds appealing and I might take some of the noblemen and maidens with me.What do you say,Jeongukk?"
The prince said asked his duke.

"Yes,you may do as you please your majesty"Jeon Jeongukk gave his response.

"Well then, I'll be taking three noblemen, including Jeongukk and two maidens with me"The crowned prince declared to everyone sitting or standing in the hall room.His reasoning for taking 2 maidens with him after the coronation party is considered to be not questioned, though everyone knows why.

"You all may be dismissed"
with that,The blond prince stood up from his throne like chair and all of the people present there stood up with speed and bowed to the royal.

Ji-min walked out while slightly giving nods to the bowing people, followed by Jeongukk walking behind him towards the chambers.

Once they exited the giant hall, everyone started bickering about the two lucky maidens that will go with the prince.Six palace maidens arrived at the scene from the back rooms and one of them said

"Ah,I wish his Majesty will choose me!"
"hm,no, I'm better than you"
"scratch that!I want that duke,Jeongukk oppa"
"Hana,since when was Jeongukk-shhi your oppa?"
"Oh please,no one asked."

"Ladies, Please return back to your work as the king wants everyone to focus on their respective jobs now"One of the palace guards spoke out loudly,shushing the women up.

"Y-yes, let's go ladies"Aera,the Queen's personal maid gave a sign to them.

Soon, the hall was empty and no-one was their except for the palace guards.

''''''''

By now, everyone seemed to be asleep.
It was past midnight and two days later was the official coronation of the King.It was a beautiful night.The sky was clear,the half crescent moon was shining brightly and the wind was making the trees bend over and the vines sway in the direction of the wind.

The Royal duke,Jeon Jeongukk,was given a bedroom in the Palace.It wasn't within the royal's chambers, instead it was on the floor above them.Which was the fifth floor of the grand Palace.His bedroom had a balcony and was quite kept with care.There was no comprise for the royal duke.He was 28 and had been serving as a royal duke for 5 years now.His father was the former duke so the King gave him this position as they put trust in this family of 3.

Jeongukk wasn't the type of a person to try and snatch the position from the crowned prince,he was a man of honesty, loyalty and charm.And on top of that,he was a etiquette and kind hearted person.A lot of the women from the kingdom wanted him to court them but he never took interest in that.Strange,you might say.Men in the present (in this) era have always been desperate for women but he wasn't,he wasn't at all.

The said raven head was looking outside from his bedroom balcony,no longer in the formal attire but instead in a white satin silk robe.He was looking at the beautiful scenery Infront of him,it reminded him of the ocean waves he saw the last time the King went to the seashore resort.
(there were some in the old age 1600's too.)

His hair was moving with the wind and so was the loose fit robe he was wearing.It felt comforting to him.As he was looking out he saw the great tree and the lake besides it.It was that far away,about a mile away.But he saw something shining, rather glowing in the lake.He was getting curious that what it might be.Maybe those bugs that have glowing abdomens? Maybe someone's there and has a candle?The royal duke really wondered what it was.But nonetheless,he covered his mouth as a yawn was trying to escape and headed towards his fancy bedroom.

••••••

It was the coronation ceremony,and the warm morning of July.The sun was shining,the wind was slightly swaying,the leaves were bending and the water had sparkles in it dazzling.

The people were at the moment, rushing inside the palace halls.Most of them were villagers but some were foreign too.The King was standing there with his wife,her majesty,the Queen; waiting for their next successor to walk into the court room.But he wasn't wearing that dazzled crown as usual.It was a plain hat.

"And now,the crowned prince shall walk in"one of the guards standing beside the throne spoke out loudly and clearly enough for everyone to here.

As soon as Park Ji-min walked in,The people started to get on their tiptoes just to see the next King walking in,a person with a soft cushion behind, holding the crown.Alot of the people present there,had their eyes becoming wide,the crown was on full display now for everyone to see.

''''''

It has been a while since the new King had officially been announced.The after-coronation gathering was taking place and the prince was enjoying himself drinking and talking to the noblemen and a few maidens too.

"Your Majesty?"Jeongukk called out for the new King to hear.

"Yes Jeongukk-shii?he answered formally.

"I believe you remember the suggestion I gave about going to the lake by the great tree after the coronation gathering"Jeongukk questioned calmly in his golden voice.Jeongukk was wearing a white suit with white lace details.This was the formal royal attire he wore often but in different varieties.

"Yes,thank you for reminding me,we should go there now"Ji-min announced.

"Jeongukk-shii,Namjoon-shii and Hansel-shii may go with me as the noblemen and..."He said while eying the maidens, comparing their charm and beauty.

"Hyein and the one with the red hair,yes you may come with me"he finally choosed among the beautiful women standing in the corners of the huge room.
--

And with that,they left the palace with guards,women and horses towards the lake by the great tree.

<><><><><>

Heyy!hoped you liked the first chapter,the second one will be Posted in 24hrs or so ♡
and also,pls ignore my mistakes,i was a bit sleepy while writing this.