15 || Masdevallia Orchid

Start from the beginning

Apart from that, I barely knew Kamaria's background. As opposed to me who had introduced her to my world and was planning to bring her to my parents' place so they could meet her, she had given me nothing.

I didn't know anything about her relatives or parents, and everytime she looked worried, anxious or disturbed, she never wanted to talk.

Instead, she would ask for space. And I gave her that because I respected her feelings. She clearly wasn't ready to let me in and I had to accept that. But today, I was hoping she would share what was on her mind with me. I wanted to help her with anything I could.

I took her into my laps as her sobs got more violent, and my arms secured tighter around her, hoping the emanation of my body warmth was doing enough to comfort her in the meantime.

It seemed as though Kamaria had been holding the emotions back for so long, and she had reached a breaking point. I happened to show up and maybe she realised that what she actually needed, was a shoulder to cry on.

So I let her express it all, and I didn't want to disturb her, so I remained silent, simply holding her close, stroking her hair and kissing her temple gently.

We stayed like that for some time as she poured her emotions out until she was a little bit stable, breathing heavily against my drenched shirt.

"I'm sorry," she whispered but I hummed in disagreement.

"Don't apologise. You needed this, and I wanted to be there for you." I convinced her, my hand rubbing against her back.

"Thank you, Rareșz. This is not how I wanted you to see me-"

"Listen, Kamaria. The purpose of making this connection is to see each other at the best and at the worst, none of us are perfect and we're going to have times where we break, times where we fall but we have to learn to pick each other up, okay?" I stroked her cheek when she looked up at me with her doe, tear-filled eyes, "and I want you to know that I'm here for you. I'm here to help you pick and find your broken pieces, even in the midnight darkness. You can't do it alone, so don't be afraid to let me know you need someone to help you get through whatever is bothering you. I have feelings too, and I want to support you emotionally. Help you heal whatever scars you have, my love."

The wide smile on Kamaria's features warmed my heart and her eyes got glassy before she wrapped her arms around my neck, giving me a suffocating hug that I truly enjoyed every second of.

"Thank you, Rareșz. I don't know what I did to deserve you, to deserve your love and affection." She whispered against my neck and I chuckled.

"No, I'm the one who doesn't deserve you baby. I hurt people, I've convinced myself that I can't love, but being with you has changed my perspective in ways I could never have imagined. And I'm so grateful for you." I kissed her cheek while her face remained buried in my warm neck.

"I'm grateful for you too, Rareșz. You're the person I never thought I needed," she sighed, snuggling against my body.

I could have sworn I loved her, but it seemed to early to say. It seemed to early to be sure, and I didn't want to scare her off. What was happening to me?

What is happening to me?

"So, do you want to talk?" I was a little hesitant, and my heart dropped once again when she shook her head.

"I don't want to talk, but I want to show you. I know I've never really given you any knowledge on my life, but I feel ready now. Are you willing-"

"It shouldn't even be a question. I want to know more about my soul partner," I murmured, cupping her cheek and planting a soft kiss against her lips.