15 || Masdevallia Orchid

Start from the beginning

They always support me in everything I do and it makes me feel so loved. I couldn't have done it without them. I wouldn't have realised how much I needed to change or how Kamaria's actions were so important to build a foundation for our developing connection.

I liked Kamaria so much, so much but at that time, all I really wanted was to fuck her.

I didn't take time to acknowledge the beauty beyond her body; the beauty of her intelligent brain, the beauty of her laugh, the beauty of her smile and twinkling eyes, the beauty of her hum whenever she was in an excellent mood, the beauty of her compassionate heart, the beauty of her everything.

I loved her everything.

There was something deeper and more intimate about love, something that wasn't solely defined by sex.

It could range from how you have telepathic thoughts that bring you to do something similar together, or it could be how you can easily understand what your partner needs at a certain time. It could be a hug when they look stressed, or a kiss when they are in need of some affection.

And I was so glad that Kamaria had restricted physical intimacy before we got to know each other on an intellectual level. I could occasionally feel the pull towards her, the deep, inexplicable flutter of my heart whenever I was with her, and the inevitable misery when I spent time away from her.

These days, something as little as a cuddle excited me. I didn't feel the need to put my hand into her panties to express my love for her. Forehead kisses did a lot more than I could have ever imagined.

After eating and packing her some of the breakfast that I had made, I took some car keys from the jar then took the elevator to descend to the massive garage.

Pressing the button on the Ferrari keys, I took note of which one reacted before walking over to it and entering. The platform spiralled as the garage door slipped open, allowing me to drive out to Kamaria's place.

It took me a few minutes to get there, and I parked in my usual spot before heading up to her apartment. She had given me a key to her place and I had given her one to mine, so I simply unlocked and entered.

The place was quiet and after putting the breakfast package on the counter, I walked to her room in search of her.

Just as my hand lifted to open the door, I paused when I heard sniffling sounds. My heart pulsed and on instinct, I opened the door.

She was sitting on the bed, sobbing silently as she stared at some picture frame. She hadn't deciphered my presence yet, deeply immersed in whatever sadness she was feeling.

I slowly walked towards her then carefully settled down on the bed. Something about seeing the tears fall down her soft cheeks hurt me; I didn't like seeing her so sad, it pained me.

She finally looked up at me with glossy brown eyes filled with melancholy, and without saying anything, she got up and wrapped her arms tightly around me.

I hugged her tighter, massaging her back as she cried harder. In that moment, I felt the need to protect her and restore her joy. I wanted to eliminate all the negative energy she was feeling and make her happy again.

Most of all, I wanted to understand why she was crying.

One thing I learnt about Kamaria in the months that we've been getting to know each other is that she was so closed off. I had never heard about her family, never seen them, never heard of any siblings, never heard of any friends or anything.

Nothing.

The only friend she ever talked about was Angelina, who was apparently her best friend. I'd never met her, but she had shown me pictures of them together.