The snow on her eyelashes.

"Melanie I have no stamina I have to put you down!" I said while giggling.
"That's okay!" She giggled back.
I crouched to put her down when I slipped. "Ahh!!!" I yelled. I didn't want her to get hurt so I pushed her to stand up before I fell on my back.
"Y/N!" Melanie yelled as she immediately ran to me and grabbed my face.
"Ow..." I giggled my ass off.
"Are you okay!? Are you hurt!?" Melanie asked with a concerned voice.
"Y-yeah I scraped my back." I spoke with tears while laughing. I had hit my tailbone on the concrete, and scraped my knee. It was the 3rd of December, and the snow had just begun to fall.
"Here, let me see it. I have a bandaid." Melanie asked as she pulled me closer to her. I saw snow fall on her eyelashes as my cheeks became rosy. She gently lifted up my shirt and ran her hands across my waist as she placed the bandaid. I felt my heart drop and my stomach flutter. I blushed and covered my face. "T-Thank you." I muttered.
"What's the matter?" Melanie spoke with a smile. I split my fingers over my eyes to see her right infront of me.
"N-Nothing!" I blushed. I had started to realize my crush on her in the bathroom when she was crying about that note, but I figured there's no way she could like me back.

I thought I was going to explode from how flustered I was as had her hand on my waist.
"Are you sure?" Melanie asked as she slowly and gently lifted her hand up my waist. My face was still covered by my hands as I held my breath.
"If this goes on I might explode." I thought to myself. I then instantly shot up.
"It's about to storm, l-let's go home now!" I spoke blushing so intensely that I could barely even speak. Melanie noticed how flustered I was and smirked.
"Let's go! But we'd better hurry it's already snowing and raining!" She giggled as she grabbed my hand and started to run. I giggled and ran with her.

(2 hours later, at the dorms....😏)

It was raining and dark outside. Melanie and I were laying on two separate couches, watching Nightmare before Christmas.
"Why do you love this movie so much?" Melanie giggled. I always made my friends watch it.
"Sally and Jack are so cute!" I said as I smiled.
"Just like you!" Melanie giggled and blushed. My heart fluttered as I covered my face and blushed like crazy.
"S-Shut up!" I mumbled.
"Y/N?" I opened my eyes to see Melanie right in-front of me. She slowly slid onto the couch and cuddled me.
"W-What are you d-doing?" I asked Melanie, completely flustered.
"I want to hold youuuuu!" Melanie said smiling and squeezing me. I wanted to scream from how much I wanted to kiss her. I cuddled her and laid my head on her chest as we continued to watch the movie.
"I love hanging out with you Y/N." Melanie muttered as she looked at me. I blushed like crazy as I felt my heart pound.
"I love you t- I mean hanging out with you!" I spoke totally embarrassed.
"GIRL WHAT IN THE F-" I thought to myself. Melanie looked up at me again and scooted closer.
"Its okay I love you too." She whispered.
I smiled and was about to speak, when I was interrupted by my Mothers voice.

(TW: abusive language!)

"Why would she ever love you?!" I heard my mother say in disbelief.
"NOBODY COULD EVER LOVE YOU, YOU USELESS BRAT."
My face stung with tears as my expression became sad.
"What's wrong Y/N?" Melanie asked as she pulled away from the hug.
"I...Oh it's nothi-" I was interrupted again. "YOUR SO FUCKING ANNOYING." I was about to cry.
"NOONE GIVES A FUCK IF YOU CRY." My mother spoke annoyed and angered.

(Guys if that isn't the most cliche wattpad scenario-🗿)

My lip quivered as a tear fell down my cheek. "Y/N?! What's wrong!?" Melanie asked as she held my face. I curled up even more into a ball and dug my face into Melanie's chest as I hugged her.
"S-Sorry." I muttered through tears.
"It's okay." She gently spoke as she hugged me. The thought of Melanie hating me felt like a punch to the heart. I couldn't find the words to say anything. I looked up to see her eyes flicker black.
"Please tell me..!" Melanie asked me.
I blushed as she wiped my tears off of my rosy cheeks.
"I love you so much!" I sobbed as I hugged her. No one had ever loved me before, and here I was, being told I love you from the most amazing girl in the entire galaxy.