Harlan lowered his gaze, he never thought marrying someone was important, so he never considered it. But for her? He would die and fight the devil himself just to come back and see her smile. "If it's important to you, of course," he said with a small smile.

She beamed, kissing him so hard he almost lost his balance. He guessed he should have thought about it sooner, she was human after all. Those things meant as much to them as the mating ceremonies did to him. 

He got up and spotted a slightly familiar box on the bed. "Did you open it?"

Diana looked at him, not knowing exactly what he meant. He jerked his chin at the box and she turned around. "Is that Violette's gift?"

"It certainly still smells like her," he said as Diana grabbed it and placed it on her lap.

"What do you think it is?" Diana said, undoing the black bow of lace that held it together.

"Knowing her, something fun," he said with a smirk. Diana rolled her eyes and opened the box, revealing black leather handcuffs.

"Yikes," she said examining them closely. Harlan smiled even brighter, he would have so much fun with those.

"Have you ever used toys before?" he asked, hoping the answer would be no because the mere thought of her with someone else got him so riled up he needed to take a breath.

She blushed "I did date a pink vibrator for quite some time" she admitted with a laugh. Fuck, seeing her pleasuring herself with a vibrator would be a sight to remember.  "What are you thinking about, you perv" she giggled.

She was so cute and hot at the same time... It was annoying because he didn't know whether to fuck her till her legs went numb or kiss her and cuddle. "You know what I'm thinking about," he said, kissing her slowly.

Her hands were on his neck faster than the box hit the floor. She kissed him back softly at first but it escalated quickly. He pulled down the straps of her dress as he kissed her shoulders and chest, pushing the dress further down to explore her body with his mouth.

Her moans were like music to his ears and he decided the dress was simply annoying him so he ripped the front in half making her gasp. "Harlan! Melody worked so hard and--ah!" she seemed to forget her objections as he attached his mouth to one of her breasts, sucking and licking just the way he knew she liked it.

He removed the rest of the dress easily and threw it on the ground as she fiddled with the buttons of his shirt and took it off. She ran her hands greedily through his muscles as he helped her remove his pants.

He went back to kiss her as she moved down the bed to make space for him he placed himself on top of her. This time it seemed neither was interested in foreplay as he turned her around and lined up with her entrance and slammed himself into her.

His pace was feral and so were her screams as he hit just the right spot. 

She reached her high so hard she was shaking by the time he hit his. Spilling himself into her as he clung to her and they breathed hard.

The cuffs lay completely discarded on the floor. Maybe for another time.

____

 Their guests left the next day, Gemma joining them temporarily as she had a company to run.

And sure enough, a week later people started disappearing in Miracle.

"This is certainly concerning," Violette said as they all met in Damien's study.

"We need to find out why they're gathering people," Blaze said, standing suspiciously close to Violette.

Selene took a deep breath as she said "Maybe they are turning them."

"But half-lings are unstable and dangerous," Elowen said sending an apologetic look at Diana who winced. "You must understand," she explained, " most people go crazy after their first turn, or they die from the attack and brutal transformation."

"Well, maybe they are after a temporary army," Selene said "Maybe they are getting them to cooperate using what they love most against them." That was because they were all aware that an alpha's power only works in full werewolves. 

"There must be a pattern" Diana suggested "We have to investigate what they all have in common."

Damien looked at Arden "Please compile a report about every detail you find important regarding the victims," Arden nodded and left immediately. "The rest of us will assign some of our strongest warriors to keep an eye on the town every once in a while."

"And me?" Violette asked, "What can I do to help?" 

"Maybe you can reunite with your contacts inside your father's court, find out if they know something" Damien suggested.

"That is too dangerous, "Blaze talked before she could "She's still being hunted by her father's men, she isn't safe anywhere but here."

The vampire rolled her eyes "I know how to take care of myself, though I thank you for your continuous and increasing concern for my safety."

Harlan noticed every once in a while Violette had the habit of speaking like an English noblewoman, it was hilarious. But it made sense, she was born in high society in the time of royalty.

"As always, the choice is yours," Damien said and Blaze looked like he might have an aneurysm. 

"I'll do it," she said as she looked at Blaze "Do not worry, I will be back in a jiffy" She disappeared enveloped in shadows.

____

The disappearances became more frequent with each passing day, no matter how hard they tried to avoid them. 

Violette hadn't come back and Harlan feared the worst. 

But possibly the worst part is, Diana had been so busy with her new responsibilities that he barely saw her.

By the time she arrived at their room she was exhausted and so was he. Leaving him frustrated and sad. 

"Hey," he said as she entered the room.

"Hello," she answered back as she went into the closet to change into her pajamas.

"How was your day?" he strained his neck to try and see her but failed.

"It was fine, Selene and I took a walk to the other houses to assure the people of the pack everything was okay" she sighed "Though I am not very sure either of us thinks so."

Harlan nodded as she added "Any news of Violette?"

"No, radio silence for three weeks" He responded running his hands through his hair.

"Are you okay?" She asked, emerging out of the closet and sitting on their bed.

"I'm sure she's okay" He lied, he wasn't. "I am worried, though" He didn't realize how addicting it could be to tell the person you love exactly how you feel and not be judged by it. 

Of course, he'd always had Damien, but it wasn't until recently he realized he did. With Diana it was different. She was the first person he ever opened up to at such a level.

"She's very strong," She lifted her hand and placed it on the lower side of his cheek, stroking it with her thumb "And very smart, I am sure no one could get the best of her."

Harlan nodded and put his hand atop hers "Why do you care?" he joked, smirking in a way he knew annoyed her.

She only smiled though "Because I love you."

And finally, he got the answer he always wanted.