Chapter 17: WhooHooo!

Start from the beginning

"I am giving her a chance. I... I just don't know how long. One day I feel so alive with her around, and then the next day I get so scared..." She shook her head and continued sipping on her drink, letting the images of Freen flash through her mind. "Becks, it just sounds to me a little bit like you're being your own worst enemy. I know you're scared and I know you don't want to get hurt again and I don't want that for you either. But are you also going to let her slip through your fingers now that it really seems like she's already putty in your hands?" He shook his head and put a reassuring hand on Becca's shoulder. "Stop wasting time, or you will definitely get hurt again."

"When did you get so wise?" Becca laughed and shook her head at her brother, a little bit in awe of the advice he managed to share. "What do you mean? I've always been wise!" He joked and sent her a wink before moving out of the kitchen and heading towards his room. "Stop wasting time, Becks!" He called back to her one more time before closing his door for the night. Becca shook her head in response as she remained seated at the counter, leaning onto her elbows as she lost herself in thought. 'Stop wasting time', he had said. Was she really just wasting time? Was she purposely denying herself happiness that was so easily within reach? She had to admit... She was getting hellishly tired of fighting her emotions and asking so many doubtful questions.

______________________________________

"Shot one, go!" Heng called to the table, trying to sound audible over the loud dance music. The band was waiting for the time their performance would take place. They had already fine-tuned their instruments and their sound to be ready for the gig that Saturday night.

"Shot two, go!" The gang was following their tradition of going on an alcohol rush just before their performance. It both relaxed them and increased their fervour. Everyone joined in, from both the band and the friends. The unit was strong and impenetrable, which made Becca smile at the back of her mind. She had never enjoyed having such a rather large group of friends, but somehow they just managed to fit one another so well. She wouldn't trade the group for anything, realising the gravity of the moment that she moved on from being the black sheep to now rather being among other black sheep in silent comradely unity.

In simple terms, Becca felt like she finally found her family in her band and their friends. It was the experience Becca never knew she needed.

As for Freen, she managed to look around herself at all she had achieved in such a short time, and she felt amazing. She wondered whether making the orchestra would have been better, or too boring. Being part of the band made her feel alive and she enjoyed every moment of the electrifying, emotional chords and notes. Not to mention that continuing being so close to Becca was exactly what she needed to feel fulfilled. Her heart was wrapped around Becca and whenever they were together she just tried to squeeze her closer. Even when she started feeling impatient, she knew that Becca would most likely find her way back to Freen. She couldn't imagine that either her nor Becca were meant to not be with each other. It was simply written in the stars in Freen's mind and she knew that she was capable of waiting patiently.

"Down!" Heng yelled, letting both Becca and Freen feel like they were shocked back to consciousness. Everyone lifted their bottles and drank half before coming up for air. They had gotten quite good at the habit. "Are you ready for this?" Freen asked Becca as she leaned into her, wanting to genuinely check whether their frontman was ready for the performance. They have never really performed on this scale with such a large audience while they have to play a full set. Nerves were crashing in waves over the whole of the band.

"Yeah, the only way out is through, right? I'm ready to do this." Becca assured Freen and gave her a quick once-over. "How about you, lead guitar? Are you ready for this?" She grinned playfully at Freen.