Chapter 30: What is wrong with these people

Start from the beginning

"Oh, they're doing their job." Digger says. "They believe me, sheriff."

"The FBI believes a dead man committed a murder?" Jody asks. 

"Look, we're just asking a few questions, that's all." Sam explains.

"Of course, if a dead man didn't commit the murder, then who did?" Dean asks. 

Alexis looks over when she felt Madilyn grab her arm. She lifts Madilyn out of Deans arms and set her down on her lap. Alexis turned back to the conversation. 

"Where'd you say your jurisdiction was here again?" Jody asks, her eyes flickering to Dean.

"Our jurisdiction is wherever the United States government sends us." Dean counters. 

"Uh, yeah, how about me and your supervisor chat about that?" Jody suggests. 

"Absolutely." Sam pulls a card from his jacket, handing it over to her. 

Jody dials the number, raising the cell to her ear. "Agent Willis, this is Sheriff Jody Mills--Bobby?" 

Alexis tenses up, her eyes widening. 

"Is this Bobby Singer?" Jody asks. "Bull crap." She hung up the phone, shoving it in her pocket. "FBI, huh?"

"So, uh, so you know Bobby Singer?" Sam asks, looking up at her. 

"That is--that is a fun coincidence." Dean adds, chuckling nervously. 

"Really fun." Alexis smiles as Madilyn laughs. 

"Here's what I know about Bobby Singer. He's a menace around here. Ass-full of drunk and disorderly and mail fraud. You understanding me?" Jody asks. 

"I think we all can agree that you made yourself perfectly clear, yes." Dean nods. 

"So whatever the four of you are planning, it ends here." Jody continues. "Now. Ten-four on that, agents?"

~~~

"You know how many times we called?" Dean asks Bobby as the three hunters follow the wheelchair bound man into his living room. Alexis looked around, noticing the place was clean. Books weren't scattered everywhere, there wasn't three inches of dust covering everything. 

She wasn't sure what was up with Bobby. Even he looked different. He wasn't wearing a hat; his hair was combed. Something was up and Alexis couldn't figure it out. But she wasn't going to say anything, unsure if maybe she was just overreacting. 

"Where have you been?" Dean continues. 

"Playing murderball." Bobby replies.

"What is that smell?" Dean asks. "Is that soap?"

"So it's not just me?" Alexis looks over at Dean, adjusting Madilyn on her hip as the infant lays her head on Alexis's shoulder. 

"Did you clean?" Dean asks.

"What are you, my mother?" Bobby asks defensively. "Bite me."

"Bobby, seriously." Sam spoke up. 

"I've been working. Trying to find a way to stop the devil." 

"Find anything?" Dean asks.

"What do you think?" 

"Bobby, it's just, heh, there's a case less than five miles from your house." Sam began, moving to lean against the desk. 

"What, the Benny Sutton thing?" Bobby asks. "That's what this is about?"

"You knew?" Dean asks. 

"Hell, yes. I checked into it. Nothing here." Bobby shrugs.