Part 37: Sunshine

Start from the beginning

The musician tilts his head with a huge smirk on his face. "Ever had Korean food?"

"And what is this?" she asks as they sit in a cute little Korean restaurant not far from his studio and point at one of the dishes. "This tastes incredible!"

"Kimchi-buchimgae!" Joo says and laughs at her confused expression. "Kimchi pancake!"

"Okay, this is my new favorite dish!"

Smiling, she takes another bite and moans pleasantly.

"You said that about the Korean chicken as well!" he laughs. "And about the jajangmyeon!"

Joo wants to make sure she gets to taste every Korean dish possible. So he ordered a little bit of everything.

"I've eaten a lot of Asian food in my life!" She takes another piece of the chicken. "But seriously this is so new! It's a whole new world and I'm down for it!"

The musician chuckles, amused, before he takes a slice of kimchi with his chopsticks and feeds it to her.

Giggling, she chews it, and her eyes roll with pleasure again.

This is so damn good!

"You definitely have to visit me in Korea! The food is even better there!" he says and she feels a wave of excitement rushing through her body. In her head, she can already picture Joo pulling her through Seoul and showing her all the secret spots.
"Can't wait for that!"

"Really?" he asks, wide-eyed, and she can't help but giggle.

"Why not?"

Joo is just about to answer when his phone vibrates on the table. "Excuse me!"

Nodding, she smiles at him while he picks up his phone.

"Hey!" Anya keeps on eating while Joo raises his brows. "What do you mean? Now?" Confused, she raises her head and looks at him. "Tell her to stop crying!" Joo laughs. "I'll be there!"

Shaking his head with amusement, he hangs up.

"What's wrong?"

"I have a little niece and I don't see her often because she lives here in the US. I was supposed to see her tomorrow but her mother called just now. They're at my studio cause Oli wanted to see me and I'm not there and now she's throwing a tantrum..."

"Oh!" Laughing, she throws her head back. "Then go! I'll pay for this!"

Joo smiles at her. The way his dimples are showing makes her want to squeal.

"How about you'll come with me?"

Her jaw drops. "Meeting your niece...?"

Oh god, isn't this a little soon?

"Why not?" He shrugs and makes it all seem so casual.

He's right though. Why not?

"Okay!" Smiling, she grabs her bag and Joo smiles even brighter.

"She'll lose her mind when she sees you!"

Fifteen minutes later they return to the building complex where Joo's studio is.

"There she is!" he says. "Oli!"

The little girl, not older than six, turns around, and the moment she spots Joo her face lights up. She squeals something that sounds like Korean and comes running toward them.

Smiling, Anya watches her approaching and when her eyes meet Oli's, the girl stops so abruptly that she almost trips over her chunky pink sandals.

Uh-oh.