[104] Heartbroken (3)

Start from the beginning

* * *

The Senju Pirate girls woke up soon after and freshened up. A bit after that, they all met up with Hashirama, whom they found was chatting with Marguerite on the balcony of his room.

"Oi,"

Vivi called, wearing a slight frown at the scene, as Hashirama and Marguerite turned to look at her. The other girls, plus Karoo, were there as well.

"The old lady summons us. Come with me."

Hashirama and Marguerite nodded right away, and then the group walked to the place where Gloriosa had called for them. Walking around the hallway, they found themselves entering a grand hallway that led to an open balcony ahead. The group approached; Marguerite stepped away and stayed back, and the group walked into the bright balcony.

"Now, comes the person I've been talking about."

The entire Senju Pirates walked in, with Hashirama taking a step forward when Hancock's eyes met with his and she looked ahead.

"This is Hashirama Senju,"

Boa Hancock said as Hashirama stood beside her, nearly as tall as her 6'3" self, but still one more inch to go. Hancock stepped to the side slightly when he got too close, making Hashirama quite surprised, as she continued speaking.

"My savior. As well as the savior of my sisters, Marigold and Sandersonia."

Hashirama's eyes involuntarily moved to the two sisters, and he was once again caught off guard by their expressions. While Hancock was wearing quite the cold and indifferent expression, for reasons he could guess but still surprised him, her two sisters gave him gentle smiles while wearing small blushes.

'Not out of expectations, but still somewhat odd.'

Returning their smiles, Hashirama turned back to look at the crowd. He noted a lot of faces he recognized, who were cursing at him before, but now all of them gave him awed looks.

The savior of their Empress, that was ought to have grand effects on the mind of these hyper-loyal people.

Hashirama just waved his hand at the crowd, not saying anything. He was not sure what Hancock was going through, so he stayed silent for now.

Hancock visibly tried not to look at him and continued speaking to the crowds.

"The curse that has been eating me for decades; so many of you have lost lives to it, after accidentally seeing it, so many family members, friends. Now the cause of that is gone. It's not simply a celebration for me and my sisters, but for all of you as well. So we must expand our current celebration into something much grander."

She was saying over the years many of the islanders have accidentally seen the mark on her back. Thereafter, she had to turn them to stone and break up, so that her secret stayed intact. The people thought it was a literal curse, that really petrified anyone who saw it instantly, so they applauded.

"However,"

Boa Hancock added as the cheering crowd calmed down.

"My savior is still a man. Our island does not allow men. Sadly, I cannot make an exception even for him because that would disrespect all the Snake Empress before me."

Hashirama was taken aback when she suddenly turned to her, her electric blue eyes sharp.

"However, I cannot punish my savior either. So, instead, we would simply let them go this time. The Senju Pirates are to leave Amazon Lily before the next hour bell rings."

"...."

The crowd was silent, but it couldn't be more silent than Hashirama's face. He could... somewhat understand why she was doing this, but he didn't know the entire picture. All he felt was a sense of displeasure.

Hashirama didn't have any friends in his last life, so when his Master said, "Have you ever gone to a friend's house, and he urged you to leave? It's a sour feeling, isn't it?" he didn't understand what he meant.

Now, Hashirama suddenly understood.

So she couldn't make an exception for him? Not that he wanted to stay here for long, but still. Why the hate, when he hadn't even tried to hit on her yet? He had been specifically avoiding hitting on her so that she didn't fall for him too badly, and now she was hating him after feeling betrayed that he had lovers from before.

Boa Hancock turned to the side to lock eyes with him, and when she saw the dimly disappointed look in his eyes, she shook. She hid it well, so Hashirama didn't see it, but it happened.

"I understand," Hashirama said in a not-very amused voice. "I'll be leaving the Empress alone, then."

The Empress, he said. That was the name she heard the most in her life, yet it was weirdly foreign when he said it.

It felt off hearing him not call her by her real name, but that made her realize how displeased he truly was.

Yet, she did nothing. Boa Hancock just stood, unintentionally taking a gulp as she watched him walk away. His crew followed him rapidly while asking him questions, but he was in no mood to answer any of them.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall