Those words halt my thoughts all at once.

What was I thinking. Crushing on a man who I could never have. I was a princess and the only one I could have was either a King, Duke or Lord.

No less.

"Angel it is time for dinner. I think you should leave the rest for tomorrow."

Uncle Vincent's voice pulls me out of my reverie. I look at him and smile gently.

"Of course uncle."

Just when I was about to discuss the schedule for the next day while walking towards the exit. The doors to my office slam open and Audrey waltz inside with airpods still in her ears.

I shake my head while giggling at her weird little dance while Vincent looks traumatised by the way she shakes her ass and then suddenly does a pigeon pose.

I burst into laughter and look at Uncle Vincent walk up to her and pull the airpods out of her ears.

"Audrey Isabella Florence. Act civilised for once. Also what was with the pigeon pose?"

He asked while trying to suppress a laugh.

Addie looked offended. Looks like a pigeon pose was not what she was going for. Then she looks at the smiling face of uncle and starts laughing too.

"Uncle please don't smile. You look like a goblin trying to come up with a satanic ritual. Also I wanted to do a dab. I think I pushed my hand to the other side."

I start wheezing when she completed speaking. And uncle just ruffles her hair and pinches her nose.

"Young lady. I am very handsome. Also, I bet I don't look like a damn goblin or whatever you just said."

I look at them for a whole minute as they glare at each other playfully and then we all burst into fits of laughter again.

"What is up with all the laughs, you highnesses."

A deep sultry voice that I had heard in the morning invaded our space. I looked up at the doorway and saw Xavier Sokolov leaning on the doorframe. His arms crossed the usual devilish grin on his face.

"Oh it is not a big deal Mr. Sokolov. Just the usual chattering."

I say while looking at him and composing myself as quickly as I could. I have a mask to put on. The mask of a crowned princess and a future queen.

I study his leisure posture and careless smile. But then I spot something. His eyes were fixed on Audrey. And the look in them...

His gaze held questions and flames of a deep emotion.

And I shift my gaze at Audrey who seems to have frozen up completely.

Audrey never freezes up. She never loses her smile. Her eyes never show...

Loath.

I know it is loath because. I have seen every emotion she could possibly have.

What is happening here? I feel confusion sink in every part of me. What am I missing?

"Your highness, won't you introduce me to the other princess?"

Xavier asks. His voice always sounds like he is taunting people.

I look at Audrey once more and see her grit her teeth and clench her hands into fists as she looked straight into Xavier's stormy grey eyes.

"This is Audrey. The second princess of Silenus and my younger sister."

He pushes away from the door frame and stalks into Audreys space. He looks into her eyes and then takes her left hand into his own. He brings her hand to his lips and kisses the knuckles while staring straight into her eyes.

Not breaking his eye contact for a second.

Audrey looks into his eyes with the same intensity. And then pulls her hand away with a sharp tug and then walks away. Not before bumping her shoulders to his.

Uncle Vincent walks after her with sure and firm steps not before sending a glare towards Xavier.

Xavier says nothing and just shakes his head while chuckling.

"Mr.Sokolov..."

I start to speak. Feeling protective over my baby sister. But someone blatantly interrupts me.

"Sokolov, your little idea of pushing me into the pool was not fucking funny."

I sucked in a breath. When my eyes met a shirtless Koa Callisto. His hair wet. Water droplets fell on the royal carpets from his hair and his torso. I looked at his well defined abs and strong vieny arms. His thin waist and the v-bones in his pelvis. His tailored trousers wet and clinging to those thick strong thighs.

"As much as I appreciate your gaze on me sweetheart. I would like it better if you looked up and not down right now."

Finally I bring my eyes up to his face.

Feeling myself redden at being caught doing such atrocious actions.

I had been caught checking him out.

Those bluish green eyes look at me with a playfulness that didn't match his stone cold face.

Those eyes will be the fucking end of me.

I am completely devastated by this man.