JOURNEY TO LOVE - 24

Beginne am Anfang

"Do you hold any grudges against Ms. Parker ?" She asked, following my intense gaze that was settled on the woman, who looked no less than a Goddess, Amelia.

"Quite the opposite." I smirked. She rolled her eyes, but her curiosity was apparent.

"Anyways, how about you help me, and I'll ensure your hospital bills are covered, and I'll find you a better job ? A woman as beautiful as you shouldn't be in a job like this." I suggested, leaning closer to her. She huffed and straightened.

"What do I have to do ? Pass your message to her ?" She said with sarcasm. I laughed but then turned serious.

"Come closer." I whispered. She obliged. "I need you to spike her drink." Her face paled for a moment.

"Are you kidding me ?" She retorted. I shrugged, giving her a serious look.

"No, I can't do that. Sorry. She's a good woman, I can't do it." She began to walk away.

"Think it over. It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity." I said. She looked back at me, clearly conflicted.

A while later, she returned. "I'll do it, but you have to fulfill your end of the deal, and my name can't be involved." She insisted.

"Of course." I replied with a smile. I turned my attention back to Amelia, who was sharing a laugh with Lucas across the room, sipping on her drink provided by the redhead.

A few minutes later, our eyes met briefly before she looked away. I approached them, and as they started to leave, the redhead purposefully bumped into Lucas, making my job easier.

By the time I reached the balcony, the spiked drink had taken its toll. I carried her in my arms toward the second exit.

"Tonight, Amelia, I'll make you mine, and no one can stop me. I'm sorry it has to be this way." I whispered to her unconscious figure. Stray strands of her hair covered her face as it rested against my chest. My body ached with desire.

As I placed her in the car, a furious voice echoed through the empty parking lot. Lucas Knight was rushing toward me, and before I could react, he punched me.

"How dare you ? How the hell dare you ?" He slammed me against the car, delivering blows to my gut. Before I could retaliate, he punched me in the face. I felt my body going numb as he continued to pummel me.

"Lucas, man, leave him. You're going to kill him." Nathaniel Smith and others tried to restrain him, but he was consumed by rage. He threw another punch, and as I slumped by my car, he growled, "Leave me, Nathan. I'm going to kill him. How dare he touch my wife ?"

"Your wife ?" I managed to whisper.

"You're finished, Reed. You shouldn't have laid your filthy fingers on my wife." Lucas declared before disappearing from my sight, and darkness consumed me.

I woke up with a pounding headache, instinctively reaching for my throbbing head. Opening my eyes, I squinted against the harsh lights.

"Finally, the prince is awake." A familiar voice mocked.

"Dad, what happened ?" I asked, my gaze shifting between my father, standing at the edge of my bed, and my mother, who sat beside me.

"Are you daring to ask me what happened ?" My father hissed.

"Lucas Knight humiliated me." I muttered, trying to remain as calm as possible, though anger was burning within me.

"Humiliated ? Humiliated ?" My father retorted.

"You spiked Amelia's, his wife's drink." He emphasized.

"I had no idea she was his wife." I mumbled, looking down.

"Seriously ? This is all you have to say ? Even if she wasn't his wife, was trying to assault her justified ? Is that what you're trying to say ?" He asked in disbelief. "Is this really our son ?" He turned to my mother, who had tears streaming down her cheeks. My anger flared.

"I regret what I did, Dad. I don't know what came over me, but are you really siding with Lucas, who practically tried to kill your own son." I exasperated. My father chuckled, his laughter oozing with sarcasm.

"Believe me, Lucas is a genuinely kind-hearted man, upholding the principles of law and order. I would have certainly acted differently if I were in his shoes." He asserted. "Sometimes, I wish he was my son." With those words, he departed, and his words pierced my heart like a knife.

My mother followed him.

"You're fortunate; your father pleaded with them not to press charges against you." She whispered before departing, leaving me stranded in our familiar surroundings.

"You may have taken Amelia, and that's something I can bear. But today, I've come to realize that my parents favor you over me, and that's utterly heart-wrenching, Lucas." My fists clenched as seething anger coursed through my veins. "I'll make you understand what it's like to lose the ones you love and experience the sting of humiliation. I'll ensure that, without a doubt.

___________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Please vote, it motivates.
Also share your views in the comments below.

Stay healthy.
Stay safe !!