Chapter 12- The Hogwarts Express

Start from the beginning

I stood up again as Mrs. Weasley began to hug everyone randomly. I waved at her,

"Good bye Mrs. Weasley. Don't worry, I'll be a good big sister and look after Harry."

She smiled,

"Thank you Ava! I'm not always sure who will look after him, but now he's got someone."

Fred took hold of my hand and pulled me onto the train,

"Quickly! It's going to leave!"

I pulled my luggage onto the train after me. The train began to move, and we all waved goodbye to everyone.

I gulped,

"Gosh, I hope they'll be okay."

Fred shook his head,

"Ava Potter! Stop worrying, will you?"

A couple of first years standing behind me gasped,

"Are you related to Harry Potter?"

Harry turned around,

"Yeah, she's my sister."

They stared at me for a second, before running off to tell their friends. I shook my head,

"It's not that exciting for them, is it?"

Hermione looked at me in shock,

"Harry is one of the most important wizards in history. Of course it's exciting for all the other wizards!"

I shrugged,

"I guess so."

Fred pulled me along,

"We're just going to find a compartment. See you guys later!"

To the left was an empty compartment. We nabbed it quickly. I sat down, grinning to myself,

"This is exciting."

He put an arm around my shoulder,

"Aaw! First day at Hogwarts! It only happens once, Ava."

I giggled,

"That's why I want to make the most of it. I want it to be one of the best days of my life."

Fred smiled, and tucked a lock of red hair behind my ear. His hand lingered on my cheek for a couple of seconds. I started to lean towards him while my stomach did multiple flips inside me.

The compartment door slid open and George walked in. We jumped apart, and George's face turned bright red,

"Oh, I'm sorry!"

I laughed,

"It's alright. Come on, sit with us."

I patted the space next to me, and he squeezed in,

"All the other compartments were full. There was one with Harry, Ginny and Neville, but Loony Lovegood was in there."

Fred chuckled,

"That's a bit unfair."

"Not really, she is loony."

I watched the twins bicker about it with a dopey grin on my face. They were the perfect pair, the funniest of the bunch.

After about an hour of pigging out on chocolate frogs and Every Flavour Beans, the compartment door slid open again, and a boy with blonde hair and a smirk on his face strutted in.

He looked at me, and held out his hand,

"Draco Malfoy. I believe you're Ava Potter?"

I shook his hand nodding,

"Yeah, that's me."

I noticed Fred and George glaring at Draco. He continued,

"I just wanted to make sure you're keeping the right company. I told Harry, you see, but he didn't take it too well. He started to hang out with the Weasley boy, and the mudblood. He made the wrong decision."

I raised an eyebrow,

"Harry's my brother, don't be rude about him."

Draco eyed Fred's arm draped around my shoulders,

"Seems like you've already made your decision. Just remember, you can change your mind. Slytherin is a very warm, comforting house."

I snorted,

"Not from what I've heard."

He shot me a glare before storming out, slamming the compartment door behind him.

Fred shook his head,

"Sorry about that. Malfoy is an idiot."

I shrugged,

"It's fine! I've dealt with plenty of rude people in my lifetime."

He stood up,

"Anyway! Let's put our robes on!"

I opened my trunk and slipped them on. The train began to slow down, and I looked out of the window. I could see Hogwarts in the distance. It was just how the twins had described it.

I tried to contain my excitement as the train came to a halt. We walked out of the compartment, down the train and out into the night. The wind was chilly, whipping my hair into my face.

I looked around for Harry when I finally saw him standing with Ron and Hermione. He smiled at me. I grinned excitedly back. I started to walk towards him but a professor grabbed onto my sleeve,

"Miss Potter? Please come onto the boats with the first years. You need to be sorted!"

As I passed Fred I reached out and squeezed his hand before I made my way towards the boats.

I was so close to Hogwarts, I could almost feel the magic. I stepped onto the boat with a few first years, and tried to control myself. I was finally going to be sorted.