🌟 Fates Inevitable Separation 💥

Beginne am Anfang

"Okay, okay, settle down, everyone. This is childish." UY Scuti quickly cut their shenanigans off, before it could transform into a physical fight.

Sirius groaned, adrenaline dying when UY Scuti interfered. "C'mon man, let us have our fun. We've been sitting here for the past six hours!!" Altair quickly agreed with Sirius, wanting nothing more than to leave this dreadful place.

Their only form of entertainment was Lalande 21185 and HD 43197.

UY Scuti rubbed his temples, clearly ticked off. "Can't you guys behave, for one minute?!" His eye twitched. Just as the other stars, he was slowly losing his sanity being trapped in the same room as everyone else.

Stephenson clicked his tongue, "Then let us leave. You're the one who planned this stupid 'meeting'." UY Scuti was about to retort, till he looked over to Rigels seat with a perplexed look. "What? Is there something on my face?"

UY Scuti shook his head, still confused. "Who sits next to you, Rigel?" He looked at UY Scuti suspiciously. "..Betelgeuse." as if on cue, everyone started to murmur. Stephenson perked up at the mention of Betelgeuse.

Why was Betelgeuse not here? Out of every star, he would be the last to miss a meeting this important.

The star sitting next to Stephenson, huffed. "Can we hurry this up? I have planets to take care of." Stephenson turned his head to meet Proxima Centauri, obviously displeased by the current situation.

UY Scuti banged his head on his head, making many stars jump.

He groaned before looking off into crowd, picking a random star, "Stephenson, go find Betelgeuse, and bring him back." He hesitated before continuing, "..and ask him the reason to why he didn't participate."

During his demand, a quiet voice was heard talking, UY Scuti turned to find the source of the voice. He growled, "Or should I send you instead, Bellatrix?" Venom laced his voice, glaring daggers into the poor star. She immediately shut up.

Stephenson got chills, at this point, he had no other option than to comply. Unless he wanted to leave with a broken arm.

With a nod, he got up and left without a word. Careful to not piss the already irritated hypergiant star.

>⁠⌐🌟゚⁠.⁠*⁠・⁠。゚🔥⌐>

Stephenson swore he was going in loops.

Every corner he took felt identical, as if the walls were taunting him.

He quietly growled, where the hell was Betelgeuse? He had to be here, somewhere. And he was gonna find where.

Door after door, room after room, hope was begining to fade. Stephenson sighed, he'll go insane if he searches for another minute. It was futile.

He was about to turn back, and reveal his unsuccessful findings, before hearing soft weeping.

Stephenson knew it wasn't his business to be nosy and interfere, but his body acted against him, pulling him towards the location. He didn't know why.

Before he knew it, he had his hand on the door knob, tightening his grip around it. Questioning if he should actually do this.

He gathered the strength, and reluctantly twisted the door knob, revealing a sight he never thought he'd see.

He quietly gasped, mouth agape, eyes wide open. Betelgeuse was on the floor, arms wrapped around himself, tears sliding down his face. It seemed like he didn't notice Stephenson yet.

"B-betel?" Stephenson managed to choke out, tears forming as well.

Betelgeuses eyes widened at the nickname, looking up.

"Steph!-" he quickly rubbed his eyes, flashing his signature smile. Stephenson grinded his teeth, as he sprinted over to Betelgeuse. "Don't give me that crap."

His smile fell almost instantly, as the other embraced him into a warm, tight hug.

His lips quivered as his grip on Stephensons back tightened, tears threatening to fall. The poor star was shaking, yet he wouldn't let Stephenson see him like this.

He wasn't weak.

Yet, that was the last straw that broke the camels back.

The red supergiant uncontrollably sobbed into Stephensons shoulder, Stephenson was taken aback, he's never seen him act so vulnerable.

He held him tightly, waiting for Betelgeuse to calm down.

His shirt was drenched by now, he didn't care, though. He quietly muttered sweet words as comfort, which surprisingly, worked.

Betelgeuse sniffled, still clinging onto Stephenson.

Since the red supergiant somewhat calmed down, he might as well ask what's wrong.

"Betel, what's wrong?" He scrunched his eyebrows, Stephenson was still pending an answer.

Stephenson could tell he was uncomfortable by the question.

"It's gonna be alright, Betel-" Betelgeuse shook his head, "Steph," he swallowed before continuing, "..what type of star am I?" Stephenson was obviously perplexed by the question.

"A.. red supergiant...why?" Seeing how oblivious Stephenson can be, he lightly chuckled. "What happens to red supergiants when there aren't any elements left for the star to fuse?" Stephenson thought for a moment.

That was, until, realization him him like a brick. "The-the core collapses, and-" he widened his eyes, tears slowly sliding down.

Betelgeuse softly smiled, a sorrow smile. "-a supernova." He ended off for Stephenson.

He wrapped a hand over his mouth, before embracing him even more, "No, no, no, no!- when?!" Panic aroused, "soon." Stephenson held his hand tightly, softly crying.

It wasn't like Betelgeuse would die when he explodes, he'll just forget all his memories. Either becoming into a black hole, or pulsar star. Either way, there's no way to recover past memories. There's really no way of winning.

Betelgeuse looked at the floor, disappointed in himself.

"I'm s-" Stephenson growled, holding his hand tighter. "don't." Betelgeuse complied, enjoying the warmth of the other.

To Stephensons surprise, he felt something slowly drip down his hand. He darted his eyes over, disappointment flashed in his eyes. "Betelgeuse, we talked about this. Don't punch things when you're mad, you'll hurt yourself."

He wasn't really surprised, Betelgeuse is often short-tempered, but he won't release it on others. Usually to objects around him, yet, he doesn't even notice.

"Ah.. i did it again, didn't I?.." Stephenson hummed, "Let's get this cleaned, and patched, okay?" He tried getting up to no avail, he forgot pain existed for a second.

Stephenson kneeled down, carefully picking Betelgeuse up, making sure to not injure him.

灬♡*。.🌠.⁠。⁠*⁠♡灬

Stephensons eyes watched him like a hawk, making sure he won't release his anger on himself again.

Betelgeuse sighed, "Steph, I won't do it again. I swear, I'm conscious of my actions now." He playfully rolled his eyes, "Something tells me otherwise." A smirk tugged his lips.

Betelgeuse tiredly smiled, burying his face into Stephensons chest once more.

Stephenson sighed in content, he'll make sure Betelgeuses last memories are spent in joy, no matter what it takes.

Fate.

What a hideous word.

*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚⁠+。⁠*゚+

Thank you Romancus for the first angst request!! 🎊

Have a delightful day! 🌑💗