Chapter 1 Why must I be the one who gets married?

Start from the beginning

So 200 years ago both Avilen and Dyrk made a promise that both countries shall leave it alone. But the reports of the increase in demonic beasts are a cause of concern as that is the first sign of a demonic beast tide which dealt with too late can wipe out both of their countries. So she was an opportunity and sent an envoy to Dyrk with a message. In it, it was written that a beast tide is coming from Harsh Lands and because of the incoming danger she wanted to not only make a peace treaty but also an alliance to deal with that threat. And to solidify the agreement her twin sister will marry one of the Dyrk kingdom's esteemed generals of a similar age. They will move to the harsh lands abandoned strongholds and deal with that threat. And in return for their sacrifice, her sister and his chosen general will become the rulers of the harsh lands if they were able to conquer it, but they still need to pay each of their countries a 5% tax once they have stabilized their authority. They will be given the title of high lords. Then 2 months ago the king of Dyrk agreed and they started the operations since. Dyrk is responsible for renovating the stronghold and as per request of the queen has added a huge aviary and a hidden basement with a powerful magical seal as that is the things her sister would want. Avilen, on the other hand, got the responsibility of taking care of the wedding and trying their best to incorporate the customs and decor of both countries. Which was not hard as they have very similar wedding traditions with only a few differences. The main difference is the decor and wedding attire, especially for the groom or as it is called in Dyrk, Káazen. While the bride is called Cáwen.

Now there are only 2 weeks left until the wedding and the soldiers of the Avilen kingdom returned 3 days ago and had their return celebrations just yesterday. Queen Viola de First of Avilen is right now sitting in her private lounge resting as she is drinking lavender tea.

The Queen has pale white skin almost like snow but does not look sickly. Although she has a plump body she is a true elegant beauty and can charm peapole with just a look. She has her hair loose with only braids against the scalp on both sides. Her hair is wavy and its color is mint green. She is also wearing a golden crown with emerald jewels that all rulers of Avilen wear. Her eyes have the same color as the emeralds in her crown. With all this, she is wearing a well-structured gown that is royal blue with silver embroidery. As she sips her tea the door is smashed open and in comes her sister that walks towards her with a powerful and discontent stride. She is wearing a black ceremonial military outfit with golden embroidery and a dark green cape. She is also wearing matching high-leather boots and black gloves. On the right side of her chest, there are 3 medals sitting on it for her achievements in the war. She is also wearing a silver mask that hides everything on her face, except her pink lips. If you look into the mask's eye holes you will discover that there is only blackness. Her Dark Sea Green colored hair is set up in a high ponytail. The queen's sister is named Maryden.

Maryden: " My queen, why did you decide to make me the one who marries someone from the enemy country?" She asks bluntly, not hiding her displeasure. 

Queen Viola: " We are alone now, cant you call me sister like in the old days?" She asks with disappointment.

Maryden: " No, not any longer, just answer my question."

Queen Viola: " That was the only way to end the war without losing anything on our side."

Maryden: " I know that but why did it have to be me, you know that I am the worst possible person for this, you know that I have a hard time with peapole, if even my fellow knight dislike me it is impossible for it to go well with an enemy knight. If this marriage does not go well, it could destroy the peace treaty." She says after she has calmed down.

Queen Viola: " You don't have to worry about that in the danger of a beast tide, no matter how bad your relationship will be it will be ignored. I choose you because 3 reasons. The first is that there is no noble lady who would dare to travel and live in the harsh lands. 2 If they did agree they would not be strong enough to survive. 3 I know that you are bad at etiquette and politics this is your chance to get away from that."