'' Good morning, I would like to make a payment. '' - I said, walking up to the first counter.

'' Name? ''

'' Han Jieun. '' -  I said, pulling out a small wad of money from the pocket.

'' Address? ''

'' Itaewon-dong 75. ''

'' Who are you making the payment for? Account number? ''

'' Yongsan hospital. '' - I said, removing the rubber band from the money.

'' How much are you paying? ''

'' 197.900won [ 140€ / 157$ ] . '' - I placed the money on the counter, the last I had.

She counted the money, handing me a payment slip for my signature, then giving me a copy of it. I left the post office deep in thought. I never payed enough, so I prayed that I'll be able to save a life of my family, which fell apart a long time ago.

I returned back home, eating one apple as my breakfast then throwing myself on the sofa, which soon I fell asleep on.

Knocking on the door woke me up.
Flinching, I almost fell on the floor. I was ready to fight whoever was standing on the other side of the door, until I heard the high-pitched voice of Chaewon.

'' Jieun! Open the door! ''

I rubbed my eyes, looking at the clock above the TV, that showed it was almost noon. Jiwoo would be home in an hour, so I should hurry and go through the plan with the girls before she comes back. I opened the front door, letting them into the house they knew too well.

'' We didn't wake you up? '' - Haneul looked at me, who was swollen from sleeping.

'' I would lie if I said 'no' . '' - I grabbed a glass of water, waking my body from the slumber.

Chaewon and Seoyoon sat on the sofa, while Haneul made herself comfortable on the floor next to it.

'' Let's get right to the point. We were thinking that our next stop should be the liquor store in 85th street. '' - Seoyoon said. '' We haven't been there since last year, I'm sure the financial situation got better. ''

'' Word got out about them since they added that strawberry flavored soju. '' - Haneul nodded.

'' I saw a line in front of the store two days ago. It was insane. "

'' Bingo. When are they closing? '' - I asked, leaning against the wall.

'' At 11pm. The employees are staying at least 30 minutes after the closing to clean up, then the lights are off. '' - Seoyoon answered. '' They have an alarm system at the front door, but the back door shouldn't be a problem. ''

I nodded. '' So we're meeting at 11:30 on the street? ''

'' Exactly. '' - Chaewon said, clapping her hands. '' The earlier the better. Maybe this time we finally get the money before, whoever was stealing it first. ''

The fact that we lost the money three times already, makes my frustration build up again. I deeply believe that tonight's case is going to be worth it finally. The liquor store was long forgotten here, so I know that we're the only ones that have it on the eye for tonight.

'' I agree. '' - I said.

'' It wouldn't hurt to get some of that strawberry soju too. '' - Haneul giggled.

'' We can get whatever we want to but first we need to make sure we have the money. '' - Seoyoon said.

They stayed at my house until I had to leave to get Jiwoo from the bus station. The night fell quickly and I had to be ready, physically and mentally for what was about to happen.

'' Lock the doors once I leave. '' - I said to Jiwoo, while getting in my black old converse high.
She mumbled the silent 'mhm', so I got out and walked down, making my way to the 85th street. It took me about 10 minutes to get there. I lighted on my cigarette and looked around the dark empty streets of Itaewon.

God I hate this place.

At the crossroad, I spotted three familiar girls waiting for me.

'' Okay, it's 11:30, the store should be closed and cleaned by now, ready for us. '' - Haneul said, so we made our way towards the store in the dirty alley.

But as soon as we got closer to it, I wanted to bury myself alive, five feet under the ground.

'' Are you fucking kidding me?! ''

Next to the doors of the store, Jeon Jungkook was standing with another douchebag of his.

'' To what do I owe this pleasure miss Han? '' - he asked, watching my every move as I walked up to him.

'' Stop with the fucking jokes, what are you doing here?! '' - I nearly screamed at his face, then spotting the front doors of the store being completely open ?????

'' Student on duty. '' - added the orange-haired boy who was standing next to Jungkook.

'' Jimin, shut it. '' - Jungkook glared at him.

I clenched my fists, full of rage. As I took a breath to ask him what the fuck was he doing here again, another two boys walked out of the store. They looked familiar and I'm sure I've seen them at the table with Jungkook the other night. One of them was zipping up a giant black bag, throwing it on his shoulder.

The money.

Our money.

'' Woah, woah, woah, hold up! And where do you think you're going with that bag? '' - I asked the boy, who slowly looked up at me. His restless black hair, almost covered his eyes.

'' Home? '' - he said as if stating the obvious, then looked at those two in front of the store.
'' Let's go. ''

'' Yah! You're not going anywhere! '' - I yelled at him. '' You're the guy who keeps stealing our money, right? Minji market? Bookstore? Wong's bakery? Now a liquor store?! '' - I kept rising my voice at him.

He looked at me, confused, slowly tilting his head to the side.

'' Your money? '' - he almost laughed at my face. '' First come, first served. ''

'' Enough with the jokes, just stop stealing our money! '' - I clenched my fists harder, digging my nails into the palm of my hand.

I didn't hit Jungkook, but I'm definitely about to hit this guy.

'' You stole my lighter too. We're even. '' - he said with no expression on his face.

I can't believe he's teasing me like this.

And while I was watching him, completely dumbfounded, he walked away, with his group of idiots down the street.

― 🥢
a/n : hello, this is the first part of the story, i hope you enjoyed it. leave any kind of feedback by voting and commenting. thank you for reading.