Chapter Twenty-Eight - Y/N

Start from the beginning

"Ouch." I giggled. "You don't trust anyone?" I was immediately met with an annoyed side-eye.

"You're different." Touya grumbled.

"Well thank you."

Re-Destro began to speak, the crowd finally quieting down. He spoke of Destro's will and his goals and blabbered on about a bunch of bullshit relating to that, until he finally redirected his attention and speech to Tenko.

"I was mistaken about Tomura Shigaraki. In our attempt to seek Destro's will, we did not realize that Shigaraki himself embodies the very freedom that Destro spoke of. We also did not realize that even a villain such as Y/N L/N, Ghost, also embodies that freedom, a hero's child that fell from grace in order to seek her own liberation." He motioned me out onto the stage and I nodded, walking out and standing directly besides where Tenko sat. The crowd reacted well, at least.

Quite a strange introduction for the both of us, but I'll take it based on the cheers.

I projected my thoughts into Tenko's mind and I saw him smirk.

"That being said," Re-Destro continued. "I hereby give the title of Grand Commander to Tomura Shigaraki. The Meta Liberation Army and the League of Villains are now a joint venture in order to seek a more profound path to liberation."

The crowd applauded, and I found myself strangely uncomfortable, like I shouldn't be up there. Fortunately for me, Tenko immediately eased that feeling, introducing the new name I helped him come up with as opposed to continuing to use the name "Meta Liberation Army."

"This joint venture, as he put it, will now be named the Paranormal Liberation Front." He addressed the crowd, tugging at his collar, still somehow looking bored, but I could hear in his thoughts how he was masking the pain from the battle he still felt.

Scars ran up his forearms, I saw them before he got dressed, and I could tell that even though his left hand was fully healed by the doctor and fitted with those prosthetic fingers, the nerve damage was killing him. His leg was also clearly bothering him. I glanced at the cast, and grinned, as the cast was completely blank except for where I drew a little smiley face near his heel. I did it while he was sleeping since he wouldn't let me while he was awake.

"If I'm your Grand Commander, then Ghost will be your Executive Commander. She is the second in command and you will answer to her before you answer to me." I waved a little and the crowd continued to cheer. It was strange. I'm not typically very likable. "The following will be your lieutenants for each little team they will run..."

As he named each of them, they stepped out onto the stage as well, except for Re-Destro, since he was already up there with us. The eight other lieutenants were Dabi, Compress, Toga, Twice, Spinner, Geten, Skeptic and Trumpet. Tenko briefly introduced them all before grabbing his crutch, the one I finally got him to start using until he healed instead of limping around, and getting up without a word. Re-Destro scrambled up, pulling a conclusion for the gathering of the Front out of his ass as we left the stage, quickly followed by our lieutenants.

We walked down the hall towards the elevator, Re-Destro running to keep up with us. He finally caught up to us and went to walk beside Tenko and I, but I held out a hand and he slowed down to be a couple paces behind. Know your place.

He immediately started sucking up to Tenko, gushing about his speech even though, as much as I love him, he barely said anything.

"Scram." Tenko hissed, cutting him off and Re-Destro paused, mouth open like he was going to continue but lost his words. I giggled and Tenko actually cracked a grin in my direction.

I dipped into his thoughts and heard him call me a bitch, among other things, and turned around. He kept up that suck-up attitude and that bright smile and I laughed. I kind of respect his ability to maintain that while thinking such angry thoughts.