𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Start from the beginning

Rebekah's eyes widen as she realises that the glossed over fairy-tale from a few minutes ago is an event that had actually happened. To be more specific, the night in Mystic Falls where Niklaus had broken his curse, killing multiple people to gain access to his werewolf side. "No, no, it's time for bed!" Leaving both Hope and Ophelia annoyed and confused, the Original slaps the girl's hands away as she takes Hope into her own arms, then moving over to the other side of the room and sitting down in the second armchair. "No, we're going to do a different story," she says, giving her sister a pointed look. "One that doesn't contain lots and lots of 'kisses.'"

Ophelia sighs, eventually holding her hands up into the air in defeat. "Fine, have it your way." Hope's disappointment from being wrenched away from her previous carer disappears the second that Rebekah begins her own story, leaving the teenager to quietly scoff in disbelief at how her theory of being the favourite is proved wrong. Apparently, whoever was giving her the most love and attention at a given point, that was Hope's favourite person. "Here I was thinking I had become the preferred aunt," she mumbles. "My entire life has been built off deception and manipulation."

Rebekah rolls her eyes at the way her sister's voice raises slightly, as if the tiny child would understand the meaning of her words. Once upon a time,"she begins, playing with Hope's fingers. "There was a majestic kingwho lived with his noble brother in a colourful kingdom where music and artwere celebrated. The king did not foresee having a child, but he lived in anenchanted land where all things were possible."

Ophelia leans her chin on her palm as she watches the pair, smiling at how her sister had replaced her story about Klaus with yet another one. However, this one seems to be much more child proof. She admires the way that even without the presences of Hayley and Klaus, Rebekah is still making an effort to keep Hope connected to her parents.

"In time, he was blessed with a beautiful baby daughter for whom he wished only peace and happiness. Still, the king had demons who pursued him. There was a ruthless beast who wanted to take the kingdom for her own. Armed with a pack of untamed creatures, she drove the other magical beings from the land, and there was a wicked sorceress with enchanted stones that weakened the king on every full moon."

"Witches are fucking bitches," Ophelia hisses. She cracks a grin when she spots Rebekah's lips twitch, but the older woman doesn't spare her sister a glance out of worry that she would break into laughter.

"Seeing the shadow his enemies cast upon his home, the king was driven to send his beloved princess away, convincing all who remained that she was forever lost. The king, in his sorrow, turned away from the world."

"Well, this got depressing," the hybrid whispers. She feels the buzz of her phone in her pocket, but ignores it, knowing that whatever Scott or Stiles need can be handled (probably) without her help.

"The castle closed its doors, and the kingdom fell. Some say that the only light that shines in the castle illuminates the shadow of the once mighty king in the room meant for his child, but as the ruthless beasts took rule over the falling king's realm, little did they know that he and his brother-"

Groaning quietly when her phone begins to vibrate from an incoming call, Ophelia gives Rebekah a small smile in apology for interrupting the story and walks out the room to answer it. "Stiles, I swear, if you lost your-"

"It's Lydia," the strawberry blonde greets quickly.

Her eyebrows furrow in concern when she hears the urgency in her friend's voice, then takes notice of the engine rumbling in the background. "Sorry, I didn't check the caller ID... Are you driving?"

Lydia hesitates. "Yeah, well, I'm personally not driving... I'm with Allison."

"Um, hi, Ophelia," the brunette calls out awkwardly from the driver's seat.