2

Scarlett found a clearing in which Quaritch, the men, and their hostages could all stand. They were all waiting for Jake Sully. 

Scarlett found a sharp stone, pulled out the knife that she usually as hidden in her shoe, and began sharpening it. 

"Hey." 

Scarlett looked up to see one of the avatars speaking to her. He beckoned her to come to him. 

Scarlett just glared at him, and put all her focus back to sharpening her knife. 

"Pst!" 

Scarlett sighed. He won't be giving up. she realized. 

Scarlett threw the rock away, put the knife back in her shoe, and was about to walk towards him when, a yip was heard. 

A couple more yips, then the arrow. It hit a stone. 

 Everyone became alert, holding their guns up. Scarlett, herself, was raising her small gun towards where the yipping came from. 

Another arrow. The men went back and forth, running and screaming. Scarlett got lost in the voices and bodies running back and forth. 

But, she saw that no one was guarding their hostages. They took this opportunity to run. 

Scarlett saw them run into the forest, and found herself chasing them. She raised her gun, and shot blindly. 

Finally, she saw the human boy's back. She pointed her gun and shot. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the bullet hit near the boy's feet, losing his balance and falling off the log he was on. 

She reported it to Quaritch. 

"Good work Scar." Quaritch said through the earpiece. "I see him. Come to us. We're boarding a jet." 

Scarlett skidded down to the ditch, in which Quaritch had already picked up the boy. She tied a rope coming down from the jet around her waist, and felt herself being pulled up to the jet. 

 When on the jet, She saw how Quaritch looked at Spider, then at her, then back at him. 

What does he have planned?