i'll be your man [skz]

inspired by the kingdom performance "i'll be your man"  You can interpret who the main character is however you like, im keeping it as he/him and she/her because idk who the main character should be. Some of the parts will be based on the performance, so it will sound familiar :) now, onto the story~

He glanced as the statue as he searched for any signs of life. All he sees are rocks that build up to look like the once love of his life. The vines that grew besides it wrapped it as if it was now theirs. The flowers share the same darkness and sadness that the atmosphere share. Sunlight couldn't reach the area, the only light that made things visible was the blinking lamppost that gave off enough light to see things close by.

"Why... Why did it have to end up like this. Please- Please come back to life. I beg you. I pray Lord, please bring her back. She was the only reason for me to live." He kneeled at his knees, devastated as droplets of tears fall to the ground. 

Flashback

He wandered around the vast grass field. He lost everything he loved. His family, his friends, his house, everything. Seeing a river in the distance, he ran towards it, thinking through all the ways he could possible die in the most comfortable way possible. He looked back at the town he once called home. Flames filled everywhere. The smoke reaching as high as the sky goes, reaching the clouds and filling the air. His eyes watering as he took a final glance back before dashing even faster towards the open water. At last he reached the edge. With one final breath, he poured all his weight and entered the water. 

Things finally started to blackout after entering the water. He took one final look of the living besides him before shutting his eyes and accepting fate. What he did not know was that someone was grabbing him and pulling him up to get to ground. They reached the earth in no time as the girl that pulled him up was exhausted for hauling a person heavier than her weight. She checked at the unconscious boy besides her. It was the most dazzling boy she ever saw, and it hurts to see him wanting to end his life when there could be much more waiting for him in the future. She sighed and started to do CPR to try and bring him back to life.

The boy choked as his eyes flashed open. Was he finally out of this cruel world and meeting the souls of his loved ones? He sprung up and was disappointed to instead be greeted by the same place that he was once was before jumping into to water. He sat back down and started sobbing.

"Why! Why am I still here! I don't want to be here, I want to see-"

He was shocked when a pair of arms wrapped his waist. He looked to the side and found a girl beckoning him to accept the hug. He hesitated for a moment before going cuddling into the girl's embrace and complaining about what life has done to him. The girl said nothing the entire time. They were left sitting by the side of river for who knows how long, but he was comforted by the company.

They spent the next few days sticking together and surviving the wild. He told her everything about his life and spent the hours together. What he found weird was that she couldn't talk. He wondered if she was too shy to speak or was mute, but he enjoyed her presence. Though she couldn't talk, she expressed everything through her actions, and soon enough he could understand everything she had to show. 

The days became months, and months turned into years. He no longer had a deep empty hole from the pains he once went through, but instead it was filled with fondness and joy staying side by side with her. Though can't be replaced by the past, she cured all the sadness he had bottled up. He didn't know how she found him or any of her backstory, but all he knows is that they were meant to be.