Episode 7- Dial BB for Big Bird

I had just woken up and got up from my bed. It was early in the morning, and the sun was beginning to rise. "Hey, Mariah, glad you were able to come out safe from the last elimination," Julia said as she approached me. 

"Oh please, you probably just saying that because you needed me for an extra vote," I jokingly stated. 

"Well, duh," Julia said before going on her phone, causing me to frown. 

[Confessional]

"Yeah, I hope she isn't just using me, and we can actually be friends. I'm pretty sure I've experienced enough betrayal on this island... But that's okay karma always strikes back, and sometimes you have to be the karma," I said before shrugging. 

[End of Confessional]

"Yeah..." I said as I raised an eyebrow at the girl. Suddenly, a loud air horn was blown through the camp intercom, startling Julia and I as we jumped. 

"Challenge time!" Chris exclaimed through the camp intercom. I sighed and rolled my eyes before walking with Julia to meet up with our team. 

I groaned along with other campers as we walked to the woods. "It's too early to be doing anything right now," I complained as I rolled my eyes. 

"Welcome campers," Chris greeted us as we stood in front of him and Chef. "But before the challenge begins, Trouts, Frogs, please bring Chef your flags," Chris added. I shared confused expressions with some of my team members. Emma and Priya both hesitantly walked up to Chef and handed him the team flags. Within a second, both flags were tossed into a fire. 

"No more Trout, no more Frogs, the teams are now merged," Chef stated. 

"Um... Sorry, but what does that mean?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. A few of the contestants gave me weird looks. 

"Wow girl, you weren't joking when you said you never watched the show before," Bowie said. 

"It means every man and woman for their selves," Chef answered. 

[Confessional]

 "I tried hard enough to be cool, but when you push someone for so long, you can't expect them to still try and be cool. So now that we're on our own... This is a perfect opportunity to really get messy."

[End of Confessional]

"And for Mariah's sake, let me explain further. Since you're all now one team, only one of you can win immunity," Chris stated. 

"We have this in the bag," Julia cockily said to me. I smirked in return.

"Awesome! We're finally on the same team, Emma!" Chase exclaimed. 

"Are you kidding?!" Emma raged. 

Julia and I shared smirks. "Oh, that's how I know you're thinking what I'm thinking," I said, getting a nod from Julia. 

[Confessional]

"Chase is obviously a good target. Emma doesn't like him so that's already a vote cast towards him. Bowie and Emma are an alliance so that's another vote. Julia and I are going to vote for him, and we'll just need two more votes for the majority vote," I stated as I put a finger up for every person I mentioned. 

[End of Confessional]

"Let's get this party started! What's the challenge?" Ripper asked. 

"Just like you Ripper, this challenge is very simple," Chris said. 

"Awesome!" Ripper cheered, making me and the other contestants questionably look at him. 

"Each of you must bring me a cassowary egg," Chris said.