Episode 6- Stranger Flings

I was laying down in guilt on my bed. I couldn't believe Damien was gone and I'll never see him again. I allowed Mk to mess with my feelings and now look where I'm at. From the way I went off on him, he'll probably never forgive me. 

"Hey, Mariah," Mk said as she walked over to my bed. I rolled my eyes at her and turned to the other side. "Geez, what's the problem?" 

"The problem is you blackmailed me to stop talking to Damien and now he's gone!" I exclaimed as I popped my head up like a deer so I could glare at her. Mk rolled her eyes before responding. 

"Oh please, at least you teaming up with me allowed you to survive being eliminated."

"More than half of this team hates me."

"Oh, whatever, anyway, if we lose today's challenge, I'll let you pick who we vote for since your little boyfriend is gone." 

"Shut up!" I exclaimed as I got out of my bed. 

"So, you don't want to choose who to vote?" I rolled my eyes at her annoying, sarcastic remark.

"Just get out so I can make up my bed," I said, glaring at her. 

"Geez, fine. We're having burritos in the half-destroyed mess hall if you want any," she said, walking out of my cabin.

I began making up my bed. I lifted my pillow to adjust it but noticed a piece of paper that was hidden under the pillow. I placed the pillow back on my bed and grabbed the paper. 

"Hey Mariah, I know you told me to leave you alone, but I couldn't help but leave this message before I left. I enjoyed all of the times we had together and our night talks. I know we ended things off on bad terms, but I know the real Mariah, and that's not something you would do at all. I had a feeling something was up, but I couldn't find out what it was. You were my only motivation for staying on the island, but since we became distant for a while, I felt like there was no point in me being here anymore. Since this may be the last thing you hear from me, I just want to let you know I love you, even after you shouted at me." 

~From Damien

I felt my eyes water up a bit, and I wiped them quickly. 

[Confessional] 

"This is the nicest thing someone has ever done for me," I said as I held up the paper. "Even after I said those horrible things to him, he still was patient with me and even said he loves me?!" 

[End of Confessional]

I felt a warm feeling every second I stared at the note. Suddenly, an air horn was blown into the camp intercom, causing me to jump.

"Next challenge, the field, ten minutes!" Chris exclaimed. I dramatically sighed and rolled my eyes. Right when I was enjoying a special moment... I placed the paper back underneath my pillow and put on my clothes. I was looking for the jewelry I usually wear, but couldn't find it in my bags, anywhere. Where could they possibly be? I just had them on yesterday. I realized how much time I was taking, so I walked out of my cabin to find my team so we could arrive at today's challenge. 

"Our team needs to win this challenge," Bowie said as we were walking. 

"Yeah, but it'll be pretty hard to when you have a teammate that doesn't attempt to do anything at all," Mk stated, referring to me. 

"Yeah, Mariah, just a heads up, if we lose this challenge because of your lack of help, you're gone," Emma chimed in. 

"Hey, Mariah actually is a good teammate! Last challenge, we both made it to the other side of the island without any trouble," Julia defended me, causing me to smile. I knew we interfered with a lot of trouble during the last challenge, but that wouldn't help my case, so I understood why she didn't include the raptor situation.