"THAT'S ENOUGH! DON'T YOU DARE HARM THEM, YOU EVIL SPIRIT!" I look up to see someone that looks awfully similar to Nene's crush pointing an umbrella thing at Hanako. Wait a second, does that mean that-

The blonde jumps off the roof and lands like the way I landed when I got hit by the Mermaid. "I'm from Kamome Academy Junior High, third year."

OH, SHIT I THINK HE'S AN EXORCIST?? EXORCISTS CAN SEE GHOSTS, RIGHT? THAT ALSO EXPLAINS WHY HE'S TALKNG LIKE THAT!

I reached for a knife in my jacket, as Nene's eyes lit up with sparkles. Aw, geez.

"I'm Kou Minamoto! In case they ask you how you were finally sent to the underworld!" He grins, pointing to himself with his thumb. "HahHAHAAHAHAHAHA-"

"Booring. Did you get that line from a Hallmark card?" I ask, wagging my finger at him.

"I see... THE SPIRIT PLACED YOU UNDER A CURSE! DON'T WORRY, I'LL SAVE YOU!"

"Hey, you're an exorcist, aren't you?" I tilted my head.

"Yes! I'm from the Minamoto clan, and all apparitions should b-"

"Woah, you would be super strong... if having a one-track mind was a power."

The blonde was in a state of shock while Hanako explained this situation. "Back when the night skies were deeper, and darker than they are now, apparitions were called youkai... And we were much more powerful than we are today. That was, until those youkais were dispelled by a brilliant exorcist named Minamoto no Yorimitsu. He was an ancestor of this kid."

Okay, wait. So this guy was here to exorcise Hanako. He's probably the younger brother of that other Minamoto. Which probably means Nene's crush is also a part of the Minamoto clan. Oh, my. Hanako better start running!

"So, you know your stuff, huh?" He recovered. "Guess I shouldn't be surprised. You should be trembling at the very mention of my name!" The exorcist pointed the end of his umbrella at the ghost. "And now, it's a duty as a member of the Minamoto clan. Hope you're ready." He bent his legs. "HANAKO!" He leaped at him, raising the... umbrella? Well, it's probably not even an umbrella. Maybe some magic exorcist weapon or something. That's okay! There's no way an amateur like this could take down one of the Seven-

"HANAKO?!"

He fell onto the ground, seemingly.. paralyzed by something.

"Oh, how embarrassing for you. Oh well!"

..You've got to be kidding me. Why did I expect more? I internally sighed.

"Hanako, no!" Nene ran towards him as Kou pulled a weapon out of the umbrella thing. "This is Raiteijou, an exorcism tool passed down in our family for generations! It's a sacred staff of blah blah blah blah..." My brain decided that this was one of the people that I'm going to filter out when they're talking.

"LEAVE HIM ALONE!" A certain daikon-legs yelled, shielding the ghost on the floor. "Are you kidding me?! You're supposed to warn someone before you butt in!" The frustrated boy yelled, pointing his finger at Nene. After taking a look at her, he faltered. "Oh well, it's fine.."

Sniff sniff. Do I smell... a crush?

"So, who are y- AAAAAA!" He yelps as he raised his tool to block me from cutting his head off. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"Sheesh, people like you annoy the hell out of me. To be fair, I kinda felt the same way. Buuut, not all spirits are evil. Let's see how good you are at fighting, Mr. Exorcist of the Minamoto Clan!" I yelled, pointing at him. "NOW COME AT ME! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!" I attempted to take stabs at him as he managed to block most of them with his Rajitsomething.