2: My Resolve

===

Why... is this place... so...!

Not to my surprise, Tokyo is incredibly confusing.

Since asking for directions wasn't an option, I had no choice but to find the Ginza line with only signs and being shoved along with other people... It turned out to be a terrible strategy... The worst part, though, was coming face to face with the infamous packed subways for the second time.

I can barely breathe in here...!

===

Surviving the suffocation, the pattering of raindrops drowns my mind out as I exit the station. Ambling over to a building, I pull out my phone to check where to go next-

...Wait, that app? How did it come back? Didn't I delete it yesterday? I furiously tap at the screen again, fully focused until the person in the corner of my eye lifts their hood.

Her blonde hair bursts out, hanging down in two large pigtails, which, if I'm being honest, I can't believe fit in that hood.

...

She's really pretty...

...No, stop staring! You'll freak her out!

But before I can refocus myself, her eyes catch mine. Her expression is hard to read, seeming confused, maybe nervous, maybe sad, maybe none of those... All I know is that her uniform looks pretty similar to mine. Maybe she goes to Shujin too? Maybe I should introduce myself... No, no no no, that would be weird, we just looked at each other! Maybe I should apologize first...

The sound of a car pulling up breaks our attention, the man in it lowering the window.

"Hey, Takamaki! Need a ride to school? You don't want to be late!"

"...Oh, thanks," she replies.

"You need a ride too?" The man looks at me.

My eyes jump from him to the girl... "Takamaki". "Huh? Oh, uh... nah," I say with a shake of my hand. I don't want to be a bother. They're probably friends, or something.

"Hmm, well, ok then."

But as the window rolls up, I can't help but catch the somber look in her eye.

I wonder what's wrong...

"Dammit! Screw that pervy teacher!" A boy's voice says.

I turn around to see another blond in a yellow shirt. But, what did he just say?

"Pervy... teacher?" I whisper.

The boy suddenly glares at me.

"What, you gonna rat me out to Kamoshida?"

I back up slightly. "K-Kamoshida..?"

He groans as if he was saying something obvious.

"That guy in the car just now, that was Kamoshida. Hmph, he does whatever the hell he wants," he seethes. "What does he think he is? The king of a castle?"

My phone begins to buzz oddly, breaking my focus from him. His face softens from a glare to something I pray is more understanding.

"Dude, are you for real? You... don't know Kamoshida? You... do go to Shujin, right?"

"I- Uh... Y-You mean like Shujin Academy?" I say, my eyes darting between him to the floor. "...Do you go there too?"

"Dude, no other high school has a uniform like this." He says baffled by my foolishness. He examines my uniform. "Huh. A second-year. Looks like we're in the same grade. How come I haven't seen you before though?"