464. Prince Sheng Came Back to the Capital

The Blessed Chapter 464

Yan Shengrui temporarily had no idea what had happened in his mansion. Compared with that Ling Jingxuan got picked on as he came to the capital for the first time, Yan Shengrui's return with gongs beating and banners flying was greatly different, even the emperor and empress led the all civil and military officials to greet them outside the east city gate to welcome him back. Everyone was shouting Long Live His Highness Sheng. News that Yan Shengrui led the army to storm the enemy's den and captured those princes of them had already spread through the streets, even a three-year-old child knew. That was absolutely unprecedented meritorious service. Their Qing Kingdom finally erupted.

"His Highness Sheng is here!"

Historically, only the officials had to wait for the emperor, no one dare to let the emperor wait for him, but today was different. Having been waiting outside the city gate for long, His Highness Sheng still hadn't come back. Instead of feeling anxious, both the emperor and empress were sitting in the dragon sedan quietly, those civil and military officials dare not make any sound, even not a fart. Under such solemn atmosphere, the cheering outside the city gate apparently was extra loud, and attracted everyone's attention.

On the official road outside the city gate, a few quality horses were galloping, several general-looking men turn dismounted from the horses and knelt down on one knee, followed by a mighty team that gradually came into sight. Yan Shengrui all in black armor was riding a high and strong horse, the guards on both of his sides, except Yan Si, it was those generals, each person, young or old, were all in high spirits, looking so radiant. Of course, the most prominent one today should be the leading role Yan Shengrui.

The emperor and empress went down under the support the eunuchs, at the same time, the large army also arrived in front of the city gate, all kneel down, and Yan Shengrui dismounted, strode to them.

"My greetings, Your Majesty!:

"Save it!"

As Yan Shengrui was about to kneel down on one knee, Yan Shengzhi stepped forward and duly held up his hands, and Chu Yunhan behind couldn't help looking behind Yan Shengrui, as if looking for someone, after a while, he withdrew his eyes disappointedly. He thought Ling Jingxuan would come with him, but no.

"My younger brother, you have set up a great service this time, I must reward you heavily."

Holding Yan Shengrui's hand, Yan Shengzhi praised him before everyone. To Yan Shengrui, he both loved and feared of him. His achievements in the wars had undoubtedly made those who were eyeing them have no balls to take action. After giving the nomads a heavy blow this time, in a few years, they wouldn't dare offend them again. But the more he was shining with his exploits, the more he felt scared, although he knew he had no heart for the throne, he still couldn't help but guard against him everywhere.

"Your Majesty, please reward my soldiers as much as possible. Without them, I could not win the battle alone."

A slice of displeasure flashed across Yan Shengrui's eyes, and his tone was a little tough, he did not know what had happened in his mansion, but he had already known that the memorial asking him to confer Ling Jingxuan as his legitimate wife still hadn't been approved. So now, he still had complains in the heart, only thinking that he should force him to issue the decree to approve it while no one was around.

"Haha, of course, of course."

Since the two of them were brothers, how couldn't Yan Shengzhi notice his anger? After a brief daze, Yan Shengzhi laughed, and the hands holding his tightened, he was also afraid. This younger brother was unreasonable since he was little. If he waved his hands off in front of everyone, as the emperor, he'd feel so humiliated. He had done that before, so he had to be extra aware.