462. Knock Open the Gate!

The Blessed Chapter 462

When the late emperor was still alive, Consort Yun, could be said to have topped the whole harem, no any concubine could have ever competed with her. Of course, the ninth prince she gave birth to was the most favored one of the late emperor. Therefore, Yan Shengrui had developed his domineering and unreasonable personality at an early age. As he grew older, he also became more perverse, which made the late emperor so mad and threw him out of the imperial palace and let him stay in Weiyuan's mansion. His intention was to let Duke Zeng discipline him, but he had ignored that in Duke Weiyuan Mansion also had a little devil king, two cousins instantly hit it off, from then on, they got aligned and did anything bad to those big families, the late emperor and Duke Zeng often got so mad at them, but didn't have the heart to discipline them too hard, which led to the complains of all those big families in the capital. The censor who had the right to file complains to the emperor even had ever complained about them three times a day. One could say those big families could never see the sunlight over their heads.

Until Yan Shengrui came to age and wars rose at the boarders again, ignoring the opposition of the late emperor, Yan Shengrui followed Duke Zeng to the wars, since then, great changes had taken place in his life. And he made his name during the first war and topped all the armies. The emperor was so happy and conferred him as the title of Prince Sheng, and offered him two places Cangzhou and Yunzhou which had the most developed waterway and land transportation, and also ordered people to build the imperial residence in the bustling area closest to the East Palace in the capital, which almost took up more than half of the streets and was the largest and most luxurious residence in the capital except for the imperial palace because of its vast area and magnificent architecture.

Two carriages drove almost more than two hours and finally turned into a broad blue brick alley, after about half an hour, finally stopped, others all followed Ling Jingxuan to jump out of the carriages. As they looked up, not far away was a huge gate as tall as a memorial archway, in front of which was a large space, and on both sides couched two stone lions, which made one feel in awe.

But, the thing that should not happen happened again. They knew they would go back today, but no one was greeting them outside, even no servant watching the gate. The scarlet big gates were closed. Apparently, it was on purpose.

"What's going on?"

Ling Jingxuan hooked his lips. If those maids at the wharf did it out of their own motivation, what now? Without no one's order behind, who dare keep showing him attitude again and again?

"Show mercy, my crown princess. Show mercy, please..."

The maid who brought them back, for no reason, suddenly fell on her knees and banged her head against the ground on and on. Ling Jingxuan turned back and handed the baby to Han Fei, flattened his sleeves while asking slowly, "Tell the truth, maybe I will spare your life, otherwise..."

There must be something fishy behind all this. He'd like to see what was hidden in all this.

"Yes, yes, yes, I will tell the truth...It's...it's Miss Qin. She...she said the mansion has never received the imperial decree conferring you as the crown princess. So you can't enter the mansion through the front gate, but only the side gate. Miss Qin will be waiting for you there."

Others wouldn't be scared since they hadn't seen what he was capable of. But she had seen it with her own eyes. A farmer? Apparently another Prince Sheng!

"What?!"

Before Ling Jingxuan threw his anger, the big bun Ling Wen first could not help yelling. Who did not know that only a concubine should take the side gate while the first wife could go through the front gate? What did they take his daddy as?