TWENTY SEVEN - "I did it for her."

TWENTY SEVEN - "I DID IT FOR HER

TWENTY SEVEN - "I DID IT FOR HER."

"What happened to her?"

Later that night, Ramona's old car, struggling, still barrelled down a seemingly abandoned high way, sending dust through the air. Ethan had watched it plume by them out the back window for what felt like an eternity, no thoughts crossing his mind except for those of his unconscious lover.

Lyds lay beside him, fighting her way across what felt like the bridge between life and death, her chest barely moving, an infection in her veins that made every second feel like a million, every breath like an uphill battle. Death was a close friend to her then, but it seemed not quite close enough.

Ethan had studied her every movement from the second they'd climbed in the car, his eyes jumping from the dust back to her every few seconds. He just had to check, he was terrified if he didn't that he'd look back and she'd be gone. He'd never have forgiven himself if that was the case.

So after an eternity of silence, and watching the dust, and checking on Lyds, it startled him when Ramona finally used her voice. Until then he'd almost forgotten she had one, that she was even there in the first place; that had always been Ethan's problem, in his head there was no one else but him and Lyds. That was where the trouble had started in the first place.

"It was Quinn." He replied, his eyes refused to meet her staring one's in the rear view.

"Your sister?" She rasped, "What the fuck happened?"

"It's a lot..."

"A lot?"

"Lyds killed her." He answered again

"What?" Ramona's voice dropped an octave and Ethan quickly understood his mistake.

"It's not like that - Quinn deserved it. She was protecting herself, and our friends."

"Then why didn't you protect her?" She shook her head, not quite understanding the train of thought of a serial killer.

Deluded bitch.

"That's why you're wanted for murder isn't it? Just like your brother was... Oh my god."

"Ray-"

"You're a Ghostface. Just like Richie."

"It's not-"

"You are, aren't you?"

"It's not what you think."