EIGHTEEN - "Surprise Lyds."

EIGHTEEN - "SURPRISE LYDS

EIGHTEEN - "SURPRISE LYDS."

"You?"

"Of course me. Frankly I expected more from the three of you after what you did to us." The detective sneered

"What do you mean us?"

"What we did to you? How about what you did to us? You killed your own daughter! You killed Anika! And Chad! You killed Ethan! You killed my boyfriend!"

"About that."

Lydia Greystone felt numbness flood her body as the mask slipped before her very eyes. She didn't know whether to scream, cry, or to simply end herself right there, it would be poetic after all ending herself with the same knife that did Wes.

She wanted to lash out and stab and kill him, but she couldn't, she could only stay deathly still and close her eyes and hope that when they opened it would all be a dream, that he wouldn't be there, that it wasn't him; but it was, and it was no dream.

For when her eyes opened again Ethan was still right there, smiling upon her just as he had their first night together. Except this time his grin was one born of animosity and his hands weren't wrapped around her in an awkward hug, instead they clutched a Ghostface mask and the same knife that had stolen Chad from her.

What the fuck?

"Hey Lyds." He beamed, a chuckle catching in his throat as if it were all some joke.

"Ethan?" She forced out

"So... How'd I do? Shocked? Not shocked?"

"She's speechless!" Bailey laughed

"I'm sorry! I truly am but it had to be done! None of it could've worked without you! You know, Mindy was right... It was easy to juke the roommate lottery. I mean, all I had to do to meet you all was room with a conceited condescending alpha - literally named Chad! Fuck it felt good to kill him!"

"Why him?"

"He just had to keep getting in the way... You would know L."

"Lyds? What does he mean?" Tara whispered

"I-I don't know... What the fuck Ethan? What are you doing? Y-You promised me you didn't hurt Anika or Quinn! You said this wasn't you! You let me get stabbed, you killed Chad-"

"Lyds... You knew this was me. I mean how could you not? You've been my alibi this whole time." He grinned

"He's right..." Sam swallowed the lump in her throat. "You have been."