"I BOUGHT THESE SUPER POPULAR SNACKS RECENTLY; I'M GOING TO SEE IF THEY'RE ALL AS HYPED UP AS THEY'RE TALKED ABOUT! DOES ANYONE WANNA TRY SOME WITH ME?!" I held up the bag of mermaid scales that I still had, as a bunch of students surrounded me. Hanako said that the curse would be split, so the more people that ate them, the less fishy effect we would have, right?

Plus, who was going to say no to free food?

"WAIT! NO!" Hanako yelps, floating around me. "You can go! Just don't do that! And give me the scales back!" He panics in an attempt to keep me from feeding them those. I shoot him a 'thank-you' look before pausing. "Ah... I don't think I have enough for all of you! I'm sorry! Maybe I'll get more sometime and we can all share when so everyone can have one! Byee!" I wave and walk away.

Wait, I forgot Nene. FUUUUUU-

.

.

.

The school bell rang, as I sat in class, eating a bag of potato chips. What? I sat in the back of the class.

I turned to the orb next to me. Seriously? And he sent one to spy on Nene too? I doodled in my notebook as I pretended to be paying attention. After I ran out of potato chips, I reached down to get a juice box from my bag. 

...Wait, where did my bag go?! I swear it was right here! SOMEONE STOLE MY FUCKING SNACKS! NO! I'M GOING TO MURDER WHOEVER DID THIS!

.

.

.

"Neey, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for ditching you yesterda-"

"It's fine." She waved it off. "...My notebooks went missing, though! Augh, what could have happened?!" She groaned.

"Oh, thank you! I don't deserve a friend like you!" I hug her, before pausing. "Wait, did you say that you lost something?"

"Uh.. yeah?"

"...Ney. You aren't the only one who lost something." I say, my eyes widening. "Oh, geez." I sigh.

"Still missing?" I turn around to see Aoi watering a plant. "I think I know who took them. You ever heard of Yousei?" She asked.

"Who's that? What's that even supposed to mean, Aoi?"

"Seriously? Seems like that's all anyone talks about lately!"

.

.

.

"Have you ever lost something important even though you were obsessively careful with it? Has something you rarely handle suddenly disappeared from the exact time you go to use it? If so, you've probably had a visit from Yousei. It's important that you remember to never look directly at it. Because in the instant that you do... It will take your life without you ever noticing."

Nene gulped and latched onto my arm.

I just stared at Aoi. "You've got to be kidding me. You're saying a supernatural entity stole my snacks?!" I narrowed my [e/c] eyes. "SCREW THAT! I DON'T CARE WHAT SPECIES YOU ARE, YOUSEI OR WHATEVER YOU ARE, I, [Y/N] [L/N], WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU PAY!" I yell, pulling out my knife.

"O-Or so they say! Usually, I'd blow it off as a rumor." She brushed it off.

"Yeah, I would too! Calm down, [y/n]!" Nene agreed, lowering my arm.

"..But the thing is.. Seems like everyone's been losing important stuff lately."

"Didya hear what those guys said? I'm pretty certain Yousei's legit!" Aoi whispered.