EP28: AUTHOR GONE WRONG

Jungwon's eyes widened at a very much awake Jay and a very much judging Sunghoon

Jungwon's eyes widened at a very much awake Jay and a very much judging Sunghoon. He immediately turned the other way.

"Jung-" Jay's eyes opened wide at the encounter. He only glanced at Sunghoon before pulling his IV out and running after Jungwon.

His body acted faster than his mind, just like when he was looking for the fictitious Jungwon in the rose garden.

He ran, but there was no sign of him. The nurses were already giving him a sceptical look. Jay had to find Jungwon.

"I am so sorry."

Jungwon had bumped into one of the nurses as he was trying to leave and was now forced to help her. Jay immediately ran to them. "Yang Jungwon!"

Jungwon froze on his place while the nurse left. "Yang Jungwon," Jay panted, making him stand up so they were at the same eye level.

He took a deep breath. "I love you, Yang Jungwon," he confessed without any hesitation, smiling as beautifully as you can imagine.

Jungwon tried to distance himself. He gulped nervously. "Jay-hyung, you—" He was frankly overwhelmed by the situation, so much so that even the sight of the older boy's eyes and the sound of his voice was too much.

He held back his tears caused by the older's sudden wake-up. Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to deal with the situation. He covered his inner emotional chaos with mere shock.

"I am telling you I love you," Jay repeated.

Jungwon drew in a deep breath, an apathetic look on his face."So?"

Jay frowned at his reaction. "You are in love with me," he said, sounding much more confident than he really was.

Jungwon's lips formed a thin line as he broke eye contact. This was so embarrassing. "I am not," he replied, not able to bear the man's despondent gaze longer.

"But I am your first love," Jay reasoned as he swallowed hard, attempting to take Jungwon's hand in his.

Pulling his own hand away, Jungwon stopped him immediately. "Hyung, you were... " he corrected bitterly. "I got over you when I realised you would never love me back." He would be lying if he said that it didn't still hurt a little.

Jay shook his head in denial. "I do now."

With a humourless laugh, Jungwon ran a hand through his brown hair. "Well, it's too late." He stated, pursuing his lips. He just wanted this to end.

"So after years of crushing on me, I finally realise that I love you and you are telling me you are over me?" Jay asked in obvious disbelief.

"Are you kidding me?" His eyes narrowed in that pissed off look that had become all too familiar to Jungwon over the years. "Why did you come to my hospital room then? Why did you tell me your story about us? Fvcking, Why did you let me have such high hopes for you?"