Chapter 39: The Big Party part 2

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) growled, "BECAUSE HE HELPED M-"

"(Y/N)!" Hollyberry cookie shouted, making her way towards the pair.

Now everyone's eyes were directed on (Y/N) once more but not for the right reason. Their face turned a bright red as they turned away while Hollyberry quickly directed everyone's attention back to the part and activities.

Once finished she faced the two, "What is going on? What is with the shouting?"

(Y/N) sighed, "It's nothing. I just need some time to myself." The cookie didn't take a glance back at the hero's as the dashed away with Tighnari following close behind.

Pure Vanilla cookie sighed as he watched (Y/N)'s retreating form.

(Y/N) sniffled as they moved through all the cookies of the party.

Stupid Pure Vanilla. I don't want to tan bad about him but I know my friendship with Poison Mushroom was real. I just... want this part to be over.

As they continued to journey as far from the healer as they could, (Y/N) wasn't paying attention and bumped into some cookie from behind. They were about to apologize but stopped when they realized who it was.

"Dark Choco!" (Y/N) shouted.

Finally maybe something can go right.

The prince jumped at the sudden shout before turning to see who called him. Which was a very excited (Y/N).

"I wouldn't expect you to be here much less enjoy a party like this."

Dark Choco shrugged his shoulders, "My father suggested I come. I wanted to decline but he somehow convinced me. But I'm not enjoying my time here."

"Yeah that explains the outfit." (Y/N) said gesturing to the outfit Dark Choco wore. It was similar to the one he wore when he was considered a prince but it was black and didn't have those ridiculous shoulder pads.

Dark Choco blushed before clearing his throat, "Yes well. Mont Blonc wouldn't take no for an answer."

(Y/N) chuckled, "Yeah. But she did good with everyone's outfits." (Y/N) said looking over at each cookie who had their own individual outfit made by the best seamstress in all of Earthbread.

"Anyway," (Y/N) turned back to face the dark prince, "Since you are here. I assume you were successful in finding the book."

Dark Choco nodded, "Indeed. Although it was difficult to find."

An awkward silence rang through as (Y/N) looked at Dark Choco expectedly.

"Soooo did you write down what you needed?"

"Um.... No?" Dark Choco answered making (Y/N)'s heart drop.

"What?"

"I indeed found the book like you all requested. But you didn't say anything I needed to write anything specific plus I couldn't read it anyway." Dark Choco answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

When (Y/N) didn't respond right away, both Dark Choco and Tighnari looked at the cactus cookie with confusion. (Y/N) ran through the prince's word over and over again, as they thought back on what the conversation for the book went like.

"When I was being held. I found out that during the attack and when everyone was in the human world. The dark cookies found the portal book and took it back to their palace."

Then Dark Choco agreed to look for the book. But nobody told him to write down anything specific and even then he can't read it. So although he was of some help, overall Dark Choco was useless in this regard. (Y/N) didn't know whether to be frustrated at themselves or the prince since he could have simply asked what to look for.

(Y/N) just released the breath they held up inside them, "Your right. Enjoy the party."

They then quickly scrambled away once again.

Tighari follows closely behind leaving Dark Choco alone and confused. He also stared at (Y/N)'s retreating form. But before (Y/N) was fully out of the prince sight, something caught his attention.

One of (Y/N)'s hands were slightly turning green.

(Y/N) raced until finally they found themselves in a secluded Balconey. They whimpered as tears began to build up on their face.

Tighnari jumped onto the balconies edge and did his best to try and comfort his owner.

(Y/N) removed their hands from their face, "Thanks Buddy. I just wish something would go right for me tonight. I mean.. I'm not any closer to going home and the others won't listen to me."

Tighnari gently rubbed against (Y/N)'s face making them giggle at the fuzz.

"Hey that tickles!" (Y/N) chuckled , making Tighnari laugh as well. They then pet the fox, leaving the other infected hand by their side.

Tighnari was relieved since if (Y/N) did see the infected hand. It would probably make the night for them even worse than it already was.

As the two relished in each others company. A large splash of light spilled out into the sky.

The two didn't have to guess to see who was causing this light show.

Cherry Bomb cookie giggled at the reaction of the pair on the balcony, "If you like that! I got more where that came from."

The child then used a small match to light another Firework that quickly burst into a ray of light. As the two watched in amazement another cookie decided to make their way to the exciting moment.

"There you guys are. Are the concert I couldn't see you guys." Custard Cream lll said before his attention was quickly grabbed by the fireworks.

(Y/N) smiled at the small princess star struck expression, "Yeah. I just needed some time to get away. So I'm glad you're here and you can enjoy the fire works with me."

The prince smiled as (Y/N) wrapped an arm around the princes shoulder pulling I'm into a side hug.

Maybe this party wasn't a total bust after all.