"Good afternoon, Rori," he greets me in his usual dignified fashion, though for once i can tell that he is doing so through a façade.

And then, without saying a word more, he pockets the lighter and strolls in the direction of the centre.

Quentin suddenly appears by my side, and i mistake him for Uvaldo at first.

My twins are growing.

"What's up with them?" he asks. "What did you say?"

"Why are you assuming their mood has something to do with me?" i ask, pointedly, and he is taken aback.

"I—i'm not," he denies. "Tensions are high, you know?"

"I know," i say, my tone softening. "The adults aren't acting like adults. Even Yakov. He was swearing at Zeph; talking back, as if he was Seamus."

"If the adults aren't acting like adults, don't treat them as such. They'll soon realise how stupid they're acting," Quentin suggests. "Especially Yakov."

"It's unfair to be mean to Yakov. He's not okay. And it's Zephaniah's birthday."

"I guess." Quentin shrugs in agreement.

"Birthdays are hard."

"They are."

"He doesn't usually spend it with us. Let alone spend it visiting his brother in rehab."

"I know."

"How are you feeling about it?" i ask him. "Visiting Teddy, i mean."

"Nervous," he admits. "I don't know how to act around him normally, let alone in a setting like this," he elaborates. "I don't think he will want us there."

"Nor do i."

"How are you feeling?" he asks me.

"Like i don't wanna be here," i answer, with a slight laugh. "It's absurd."

"It doesn't look too shabby, mind you," Quentin comments, as we make our way into the entrance of the centre, the rest of our brothers trailing behind us. "Not that i thought it would look like a prison, but it isn't exactly the type of place you picture to be so..."

"Serene?" i finish his sentence.

"Yes..." he agrees. "It's rather picturesque...The gardens seem to stretch for miles."

"I'm sure Teddy loves spending his time there," i say, sarcastically. "How on earth does he survive without his Xbox?"

"Your guess is as good as mine." Quentin cracks a smile.

If the external environment pleasantly surprised us, the internal environment surely makes our jaws drop.

It is clear that our brothers must have chosen the best of the best for our brother, as, while one of the staff is showing us around, we discover that the residents are living better than we are, with access to various different therapies, a masseuse team, facilities such as an art studio, and the opportunity to care for horses as well as learn to ride them.