✯ 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ✯

Start from the beginning

"Speaking of complicated males," Gabriela changed the subject. "Have you spoken with Riddle yet?"

"About what? Me almost killing him with someone released ungodly evil within me?" the blonde quipped dryly. "Nope. He's avoiding me like the plague. Well, I'm actually avoiding him too, so..."

"Well, you'll need to today," her friend said with a little too much glee Daisy thought. "You've been paired with him today in the Potions class."

"Ugh are you serious?" Daisy groaned, finally opting to read the sheet they had been given for the peculiar class arrangement. "Great, and Fleamont is paired with Euphemia. Everyone knows she's had the hots for him since the 3rd year."

"What? Worried your little boyfriend will find someone else?"

"He's not my boyfriend," Daisy rolled her eyes, feeling herself flush. "We're just friends right now."

"Mhm, okay," Gabriela smirked. "Let's get going, I need to go to the bathroom first."

The two girls got up, abandoning their plates and heading out of the Great Hall. 

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

Anika followed the tall boy, unsure where he was leading her. He finally stopped and sat down on one of the benches in a corridor. He motioned for her to sit, looking nervous. She did, feeling on edge herself. 

"So, what did you wish to speak to me about?" she began cordially. 

"In all honesty, I couldn't give a damn about Potions class right now," Julian stated, and at her widening eyes, continued quickly. "I just wanted to apologise to you without your vulture friends around."

"Don't insult my friends," Anika was quick with her reply, very protective over people close to her. "And you're already apologised, frequently."

"I know, but I needed to it again," he tossed his hand upward to shake the black curls out of his face, looking down at her with an unidentifiable expression. "I really am sorry, Patel."

"Why is this apology so important to you?" she said softly. "I didn't take you for someone who would care this much about something that isn't even necessarily you're doing."

"Yes, well, I condoned it," he said, a shadow passing over his face. "But not anymore, Cecilia and I are done. I'm trying not to surround myself around people who could taint my character."

"Unfortunately you might find yourself friendless if you take that path," Anika joked, trying to lighten to mood. She hated it when people were gloomy. 

"That's different," he assured without a further explanation. "But yes, you're right again. So, do you forgive me?"

He looked at her tentatively, scared to look in her hypnotising doe eyes for too long in fear that he might forget how to speak. Her dark skin glinted in the pale sunlight, looking wonderful in the contract of her small golden hoop earrings. He had truly never seen any girl like her. 

"I forgave you a long time ago," she smiled sweetly at him. "I was just waiting for the right moment to tell you."

They gazed at each other for a few long seconds, the air between them seeming to zap with electricity. Anika's throat tightened with emotion as a few butterflies danced around in her stomach. She gulped at the sensation, quickly clearing her throat and standing up. 

"Well, thank you for speaking to me," she expressed gratefully. "And if we are to be friends now, I would much prefer it that you call me by my first name. An–"

"Anika," Julian finished. "I know your name."

"Brilliant," she jabbered, blushing. "Okay, well, I'll see you in Potions, Julian."