✯ 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ✯

Start from the beginning

"Look, what is this about Daisy?" Mackenzie said in a tired voice, passing a hand over her face. "I'm have Prefect duties to get to."

"What is this about?" her brows furrowed in a tired manner. "This is just me trying to talk to my own sister. Is that too much to ask for?"

"Look, sisters grow apart okay–"

"No, that is not what happened!" the younger witch shouted, anger starting to sizzle within her. "You pushed me away. This was no something we did. It's something you did. Only because of your prejudice for Slytherins!"

"It wasn't for Slytherins, it was for you!" Mackenzie yelled back. "I saw you change right before my eyes, from the second you befriended Riddle! I wasn't even surprised when you landed in Slytherin, with him."

"What does that even mean?!"

"It means that you have something evil in you, like him. There's something wrong with you, Daisy. And the worst part is, you've had it in you your whole life, he just managed to pull it out more."

Daisy breath caught inside her throat. She knew exactly what Mackenzie was talking about. The darkness. The feeling in her gut when she angry at someone, really angry. She didn't want to find what would happen if she didn't cover up the feeling with goodness.

But to have her own sister not give her the benefit of the doubt? To not believe that she was more than that? This time, Daisy couldn't hold back the feelings, and she didn't want to.

Her chest heaved up and down, and before she could register what was happening, her wand was out and she was pointing it at the girl she loved her entire life. The girl who now looked at her younger sister in complete terror.

"W-what are you doing?" she stammered. "Get that out of my face!"

"You think I'm evil?" she fumed. "Let me show you just how evil that is!"

Without thought, without a pause, without stopping to think about what she was doing, Daisy reached deep into her brain where a word was reaching out to her. A spell, but one she had never heard of before. 

She spat it out, the name burning her throat as it came back, and watched as it shot towards Mackenzie. The older blonde's eyes widened in shock, as if she couldn't actually believe that Daisy had actually dared to hex her. She attempted moving to the side, but the spell hit her in the upper arm. 

The scream that the girl released was so ear-splitting that it shook Daisy out of her reverie and gape at what she had done. 

The veins in Mackenzie's arm were quickly turning black, the conundrum spreading upwards until it almost covered her whole arm. The skin was starting to peel and fester, and Daisy needed to act fast. Somehow she knew that the spell would escalate and span to cover Mackenzie's entire body. 

She made a quick slicing motion with her wand, whispering a spell under her breath and watched with a nauseating look as her sister's arm was cut off. Mackenzie's screams grew louder as she stared in absolute horror at the severed stump on her own body.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?" she cried out, her voice hoarse and oozing with terror. 

While they had been alone in the hallway mere minutes ago, students were starting to fill in, curious by the loud commotion. The Kennedy witch turned towards them angrily and yelled at them to get the nurse. 

She tried to cauterise the wound to stop the bleeding, but Mackenzie would not let Daisy get near her. Her eyes burned with hatred as she glared at her younger sister, filled to the brim with aversion and fear. 

Daisy didn't accompany her to the hospital wing. She told herself it was for Mackenzie, that the older girl would want to be alone right now. But the truth was, Daisy needed to be alone. To process what she had done.