prologue

"quit?!! you're gonna quit???!!"

"yes, but it's only for a short while!" matthew begs hao while holding the other's hand. "jiwoong and i finally found a house and it's gonna take a lot of time to try and sort everything out!"

"matthew, you realize we've only got 2 more months until the competition? the kids need all the time they can get!"

"don't worry, which is why i found a replacement!" the younger hands a paper to the older. "he's my best friend from college and we were in the same crew for a while until i transitioned over to teaching. he's been looking for an instructor position and this is perfect."

zhang hao scans the paper, which turns out to be a resume for someone named sung hanbin. he was only a year younger than him, has the most experience with waacking and voguing, won a couple of big name competitions, and even was the lead backup dancer for a singer during their world tour. point is, there wasn't anything on the resume that he could say "no" to.

"and, he said he's willing to start this week, so the timing is just right," matthew gives a sheepish smile. "i'm sorry hao hyung, and i feel bad about leaving so much work behind. but, jiwoong hyung finally has the time to settle down and i want to take advantage of it."

"it must be a lot, trying to plan your wedding at the same time," the other gives his friend's hand a squeeze. "don't worry, i was surprised but i know your reasons. and also, thanks for finding a replacement already; it cuts a ton of work for us."

"you're the best manager ever!" matthew jumps up to hug his hyung. "so...is it a yes for hanbin?"

"i'll send the email right away."