Chapter 9: Challenge Accepted

The school lunch actually never tasted better enough in Y/N's opinion, putting her hand on the lunch table to find a balance, as she support her head by pressing her cheek on the palm of her own hand. She observe around her surroundings that is filled with loud chattering from students who were came to get those unnecessary food.

She knew she isn't the one to judge someone's handmade food from a first sight, but she must say that it is looking quite odd. She learn exactly of this simple made meal, the slimy rice with fried meat beside.

It wasn't the first time she is dealing with school's lunch, of course, so it is obvious that the meal will have a look of awfully nasty taste.

The smell was indeed great, but her sense kept telling her to not put it on her tongue. However, judging by other students normal expression while eating this loathsome looking meal, she decided to give a shot. She picked up the fork which was next to the food plate, and stab it on the steak without any awareness thought of other students might think her in depression or a freak.

With closing her eyes for a prepared moment, she open her mouth for bite. Eventually, she have a taste without any further trouble, biting it within a huge size of her mouth.

If she slowly chew the meat to taste it properly to prove her hesitation, the meat's parts that become juicy with soft to bite make her cry for its delightful taste, invisibly.

"Woah...!" She made a noise of amazement with her mouth filled up with the steak that she took a bite from it.

While, when she was enjoying her meal, she felt some pointer finger poke her cheek that was puffed up because of pushing a food that won't fit in. She was nearly to choke unto death because of the unwelcoming sudden feeling of somebody's finger poking her cheek without getting any permission to respect her own personal space or manner.

Fortunately, she was able to swallow the whole chewed piece of meat when that somebody's finger get pulled away.

Some tears built up in her eyes after swallowing a huge amount of meal pieces directly at once, feeling idiotic to the person for suddenly poking her during on her lunch, as it was her most disliking thing whenever someone tries to get her attention for nothing, especially when she was doing something in personal.

"You...!" She turned her head to scold the person who poke her cheek, facing with someone who was unexpected instead. "You..." Her hatred and yet high volumed voice replaced with awe one, making her eyes narrow at the sight of the toppest student, Prune Juice.

"Yes, it's me, the great one and only Prune Juice." He said proudly, pointing his pointer fingers at himself, as he form that confident smile, causing his eyes to shut lightly.

"Aren't you supposed to meet me after class?" She questioned, raising her eyebrow in hesitation tone for his arrival. "And, you shouldn't just poke around somebody's cheek, especially when they are in their lunch to eat." She harshly said, seems to be warning that he should think it twice before poking her cheek for a next time again, as it was extremely unpleasant feeling for her whom doesn't like any type of cuddling touch or poke.

"I couldn't help with it, you know? I guessed that you must be here at lunch hall, after all, you probably become shrewd enough to not avoid any meal." He mentioned the moment that they first met in real person, catching her in weird aura. It's true that she met him during the lunch time, and skipped it to find her study book which is she still carrying in her tiny bag.

To be honest, she really gotten herself in deep hunger for skipping a lunch time of school. So, that's why she came here right in time to not loose any food once more.

She didn't find any other excuse to shut his smug being, especially when he had a point, but she bringed the main question back.

"We dealt that we will meet up after school, not during school lunch. And, besides, suddenly appearing out of nowhere to poke someone's cheek without consent is a quite selfish event, you know." She replied back, putting her elbow on the table and pressing her hand palm on her cheek with bored and yet hebetate, as she tap the table with her finger tips that is lying on it freely.