chapter fifty three

Start from the beginning

Putting his sleeve down and grabbing his wand to make the cigarette disappear, Nora was going to use that spell the next time she decided to smoke, the pair going to eat some lunch.

"It's not like I'm not happy for her; just hate having attention on me. Feels like the world is judging me for just being alive." Nora spoke honestly, Nott humming at that.

"Whatever you say, Black." Nott shrugged, putting his hands in his pocket as the two walked into the great hall. "Can I call you theo again? Or is it weird for you?" Nora asked, Nott stopping in front of Avery guys, deciding.

"Call me anything you'd like darling." He winked, letting her go sit for lunch. Making her way further down the table, Atticus had his leg on the bench, saving the seat for her, biting her lip before sitting down.

The three boys looked at her, Nora tried to not have a reaction, clenching her jaw after such a heavy conversation with Theo that made her slightly unwell, looking up and staring at regulus with fear.

"Where'd you go with Nott?" Regulus asked, eating a  brownie. Trying to figure out what she was going to say, Evan made a disgusting face, god nose scrunching up.

"Geez woman, if you're going to smoke get rid of the smell." He gaged out, pinching the bridge of his nose. "How about i punch your nose, so you can't smell at all?" Nora angrily said, hissing at him.

Reacting to what Nora said, the three boys dropped their utensils in pure shock, never seeing her in such an upset mood, stunned to even move a muscle. Nora closed her mouth, resting her angry voice, choosing to not speak for a moment, feeling bad.

"Oh my, Nora are you alright hun?" Turning to the right and seeing betty and Cassie sitting right beside her, Nora tucked a strand behind her ear, slightly embarrassed as she cleared her throat.

"No," she dismissed the concern look on Cassie's face, looking at Evan. "Evan I'm sorry for being rude, I'm just hungry and tired." Nora lord straight through her teeth, the boy staying still until he knew she was genuine, giving a fake smile.

"You owe me fifty galleons." Regulus said towards Atticus, a grin appearing on the boys face. Taking back with regulus' deal with Atticus, Nora rolled her eyes, registering the fact they made a bet on if Nora gets visibly mad or not at Evan, choosing that to be three days after the new year.

"Wow, new year, new Nora?" Atticus teased, nudging Nora a little. Not saying anything and wanting to continue eating her salad, Evan accepted her apology with a mumble, gulping his water down and not wanting to talk.

A long time of silence came over the four friends, continuing to eat in peace. Nora didn't mind, looking up from her food to see her brother devouring the chicken legs they got at his table. Stabbing her salad and looking beside Sirius was James, laughing at something either Pettigrew or Lupin said.

Last night was something Nora wanted to forget, being so vulnerable she didn't even have the guts to show up to dinner, staying in the dorms and falling asleep easily. After leaving the Tonks the same way Sirius practically did to his own family, Nora has thought about building a relationship back with her twin brother, hoping things would be different this time.

But would things be different? Sirius isn't there to protect his siblings, Nora doing everything she can while Sirius has to worry about a prank to do, skipping class or hanging out with girls. There's no more responsibility for the boy.

Nora can't even properly look at him without knowing things he's done to the family; she tries to give a new perspective on the way Sirius needed to leave. Although she wants to physically forgive him, she mentally cannot do it, knowing the heartbreak and tears it's caused, being closed off with her emotions half the time because of him.

It was a constant battle, and yet she was always defeated with her emotions. Sighing out loud and not looking at Sirius anymore, Nora was somehow done her salad, not even knowing how, awkwardly stabbing her plate.

Regulus was the only one to see something was clearly happening to his sister. She looked off from the moment they boarded the train yesterday, and yet he didn't say anything, shaking it off.

Her face today looked swollen, eyes puffy and smoking wasn't something she does on a daily basis, certainly not with Theodore Nott. As much as he wants to, Nora will not blame him for staying at the Tonks and writing to Andromeda when she was in the hospital for a month.

He wants her to be mad at him, hating this feeling that he needs to be perfect all the time and not have mistakes, someone had to play that roll, he wasn't the lucky one.

Slightly turning his body to the right and noticing Sirius get up from his spot, Regulus took that opportunity, excusing himself from the table, getting up within a second. Trying to play it off, regulus watched Sirius go into the corridors before he called out for him timidly, his brother turning around.

"Reggie... I thought we had a truce." Sirius said, putting his hands up for defence. Regulus rolled his eyes at his brother, stuffing his hands into his pocket as he took a minute to say it, almost feeling like he was betraying his sister.

"It's about Nora, I'm getting worried for her. I've never seen her like this, it's like she's getting worse and worse as the day goes by. Just today she smelt like smoke." Regulus walked the closest bench, keeping his guard up towards his brother, Sirius standing in front of him.

"She told me we could die from it." Sirius whispered to himself, scratching his head. "Wait do you want my help?" He followed up, his eyebrows furrowing together.

"No I just wanted to willingly talk to you about our sister and for you to do nothing."

"Okay! No need to act like a douchebag."

"You're the douchebag." Regulus mumbled, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, looking up at Sirius. "Will you help me or not?" He asked his brother, needing a yes or no type of answer.

——————————-

Sirius and regulus teaming up hehe, the band is getting back together ( because their sister is almost at her downfall because of one of them ;) ). This chapter is in insight of the moods Nora has to deal with, her downfall isn't going to be pretty but it's the reality of being a Pureblood slytherin that might be a death eater sooner or later ( emphasis on the later )
-t.