24. Comes in Waves

You signed up for this / Jaime Lannister
&
End of Youth / Tommen Baratheon out now!

"Husband release my ass I have to get up." Haezel whispered kissing Daeron.

"Or-OR! We stay in bed all day." Daeron declared.

"I need to check on my brothers and you know be queen." Haezel offered. "Your grand-"

"Yours now too." Daeron reminded her.

"Otto said he would show me the ropes of ruling tiday. You should be there too." Haezel remarked.

"I hear talking not moaning-" aemond called through the door.

"Gods the worst baby sitter ever." Daeron demanded. "Go away Aemond."

"Im to guard the queen-"

"Fuck off!" Daeron demanded. Aemond chuckled through the door.

"He does this annoy you." Haezel remarked.

"I know. And its fucking working." Daeron agreed pulling her closer.

"I do have to get out though." Haezel corrected. Daeron growled out an angry little dragon noise as she rolled off the bed landing on her feet with a proper pounce. "Love you!"

+

Jace found Haezel crying in the pits. He thought Daeron did something wrong but then he saw Syrax. Haezel's egg didnt hatch, she claimed a dragon like Aegon, Helaena, Aemond and Daeron. Jace, luke and Joff's eggs hatched so when Haezel was little Rhaenyra would take her riding on Syrax all the time before Haezel claimed Fury.

"Haezel..."

"It comes in waves." Haezel whispered. "Missing her, being mad at her, wanting her back and wishing she wasnt such an idiot." Haezel mumbled. "I'm the queen, i'm a mess..."

"You are not." Jace assured kneeling beside her. Her lip quivered as she looked at Jace he wrapped an arm around her. "It's okay to be a mess sometimes." He offered with a shrug.

"I'm the queen, Jace. I should have a handle on my emotions." Haezel corrected. Jace shook his head.

''The most complicated relationship you will ever have is the one with yourself. We are our own greatest mystery, our own biggest challenge. Life isn't a quest to find ourselves; it's a quest to define ourselves.'"

Haezel blinked back at him.

"When did you become a poet?" Haezel countered. Jace nudged her. "Thanks Jace."

"I dont want to marry Baela." Jace admitted. "Luke either... you think Rhaenys is going to be mad?"

"Probably but... what I... what if I... you can reject this idea." Haezel remarked. "Its just a thought it might appease rhaenys and bring some peace between the... more true velaryons and us... I know since mother... killed our father things have been tense for a long time."

"What did you have in mind?" Jace questioned.

"Naming Baela or Rhaena heir to driftmark. You would become heir to dragonstone. If daemon gets his way and kills me then you become heir to the iron throne... what do you think?" Haezel questioned.

"Thats really responsible of you Haez." Jace agreed. "I think you should do it."

"You are not mad?"

"We both know Harwin Strong is our blood." Jace whispered.

"Larys is our uncle. He has always been kind to me he ever-" haezel pulled the blade from her boot. "-he gave me this."

"That was Harwins." Jace whispered "or was it? Its a bit too girlie with those gems." Haezel nudged him. "He knows?"

"The realms know." Haezel whispered back. "Thats what got him killed. For loving our mother."

" Do you worry that that's what love is?" Jace asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Loving someone. Losing someone. Harwin loved mother and he was killed. Laenor loved mother and she killed him. Mother loved daemon and he killed her. Loving and losing..." jace whispered.

"I dont want to lose daeron. And I know hes not going to kill me." Haezel corrected.

"Come on. We have your big party tonight. My queen of a sister needs worshipping." Jace teased.

"Rather stay here with you." Haezel corrected.

+

Haezel was dressed in her finest of Targaryen red dresses and daeron couldnt take his eyes off her. Haezel smiled back at him through the mirror.

"What do you think husband?" Haezel questioned as he closed the space between them. His mouth explored hers, and she arched her back, trying to get closer to him. He cupped her face, tipping her head backward as he traced a path of kisses down her neck. She wrapped her arms around his waist as she tried to draw him to her, her fingers dancing across his skin.

Daerons mouth met the edge of her bodice, and her chest heaved with the unbearable delight of his breath grazing the tops of her breasts, pushed high by her corset.

"My queen." Daeron whispered.

"Daeron,' she sighed. His hands caressed her, finding her taut nipples through the soft cloth and she let out a gasp which he silenced with his mouth. She opened her eyes and saw his heavy with desire.

"Haezel, my love." he murmured, 'how I want you.... How badly I want you. How I wish it wasn't time to go.' She sighed as he placed a kiss where her dress gave way to breast.

'Daeron." she said with a moan. He chuckled taking a step back and haezel fixed her dress.

"Think you can keep your hands off me for one night?" Daeron questioned.

"Depends ... will you wear a shirt?" Haezel countered staring back at him. Daeron plucked a shirt from the wardrobe.

"Yes." He grinned.

"Then I'll be fine." Haezel assured. Taking a step back, she clasped her hands in front of her, her eyes wandered over him.

"Is this solely about my body?" Daeron teased. He narrowed one eye.

"Of course. Your personality is just okay, and you're kind of grumpy." Haezel put on her best mask but Daeron reached out for her tickling her and she laughed out.

"Just okay? You are a bad liar Haezel Rose." Daeron corrected.

"I love you goof." Haezel declared.

"And this is our first official appearance as queen and king." Daeron remarked. "We have to... well you always look good."