16. Promised

Tell Me Why / Oberyn Martell Out now!

"Grandsire, I dont know what to do!" Haezel declared as she helped him into bed. Viserys smiled softly back at her. 

"Follow your heart." Viserys suggested. 

"My heart says Daeron. My mother says hell no." Haezel corrected. 

"Stay true to your... passions." Viserys added. "You have... fire my dear. You mother used to." 

"Used to, her fire fizzled out." Haezel agreed. 

"Haezel, do you remember... Aegon?" 

"Cocky and horny? Yeah." Haezel agreed. 

'' His Dream. The Song of Ice... and Fi... It is true. What he saw in the North. The Prince That Was Promised.'' Viserys said in a daze

''I don't understand, grandsire.''

''The Prince.' Viserys told her. "The... Princess."

"Princess Aegon?" Haezel mused. "I'm telling him you called him a princess." 

"Haezel... princess... to unite the realms." 

"me?" Haezel questioned. "Well one day, in a long time I suppose." Alicent peered in silently. Was Viserys naming Haezel his heir? She didnt understand. Otto peered past her. 

"What are you doing?" Otto questioned, Alicent hushed him. 

''Haezel." Viserys agreed. ''To unite the realm against the cold... and the dark. It is you. You are the one. You must do this.'' Viserys told her softly ''You must do this.''

"Me? I must do this?" Haezel questioned. "I dont understand." Haezel countered. "I'm not... I wasnt the princess that was promised." 

"You are. You must." Viserys corrected. Otto grit his teeth and Alicent's face held a small smile. Viserys let out a deep breath and Haezel blew out the candles. 

 ''We will talk in the morning, I'm not leaving." Haezel remarked. "We will talk in the morning with Alicent." 

"My dear..." Viserys rasped. 

"I love you grandsire, I will see you in the morning." Haezel repeated. "We will talk in the morning with Alicent." she repeated kissing his forehead. 

"The princess... that was promised." viserys repeated. "You must Haezel, you must." He sounded so confident.

"Okay, okay," Haezel agreed tucking him in. "Love you."  His breathing became short as Haezel headed out. 

''My love.'' Viserys said softly his breaths growing shallow and then they stopped.

Alicent led Haezel back to her chambers and Haezel smirked at Daeron waiting for her across the hall. 

"What Viserys told you..." Otto began.

"He was just tired." Haezel offered. 

"He chose you. You my sweet girl. He wants you-" Alicent assured. 

"I will rule one day, after my mother." Haezel assured. "I can wait, I'm not ready." 

"You are bright enough to know you are not ready, that makes you more ready than most." Otto countered. "I want you to know you can come to me." 

"Thank you but he was just tired, he wasnt thinking clearly." Haezel informed them. "I'm tired, I probably heard him wrong." 

"I heard him." Otto corrected. 

"I heard him too." Alicent agreed. "We will speak in the morning though, have a good night my dear." 

"Alicent," Haezel said reaching out for her. "Did my mother leave already?"

"Yes, she left right away." Alicent agreed. "After you refused to come with she didnt... see the point in staying." Haezel nodded her face turned down. "I'm glad you are here." 

"Me too, I just sort of thought she would say goodbye, let me say goodbye to my brothers." Haezel murmured turning to her door. Daeron stared back at her from his chambers hesitantly. She closed the door on them flopping down in bed. It wasnt long before Daeron slipped into her room. He lay beside her kissing her shoulder as she stared up at the ceiling. 

"What happened tonight?" Daeron questioned. 

"I dont know." Haezel admitted. "Grandsire wasnt making any sense, he kept calling me the princess that was promised." 

"Aegons prophecy." Daeron remarked. 

"You know it?" Haezel questioned. 

"A prince or princess to unite the realms." Daeron agreed. "He said you?"

"Yes, but he was tired, he didnt understand." Haezel murmured. 

"Or he did, you are wonderful Haezel, the realms will be lucky the day you take the iron throne."

"I will have you by my side." Haezel agreed. 

"If you insist." Daeron mused. "I would look great in a crown."