There's no way they heard that...!

I slowly stand up straight, grabbing the knife from my boot and ready my stance, my heart pounding as I hear their footsteps draw nearer. Their shadows appear underneath the door and my stomach drops. "You two are talking an awful lot for slacking off on the job." I hear a booming voice echo out in the hallway.

"We were on our way, Captain!" One of them chuckles, trying to lighten the mood.

"Shit..." I mutter underneath my breath.

It sounds like he's on his way back to his room. How am I supposed to get through if he's in it?!

"I recommend you hurry on to your next station," the Captain's voice was calm, but it's gritty tone suggested otherwise.

I press my ear to the door once more as the men scramble down the hallway. The Captain sighs loudly, his footsteps following in the same direction, and the familiar creak of his door echoes down the hallway. "Captain!" A voice calls out.

"Cocinero?"

What is he doing?!

"Would you mind looking at today's fish haul? I'd like to plan what I should serve the crew tomorrow."

"Ah, yes. Lead the way," the Captain responds, shutting the door. I listen a while longer as their footsteps fade into the distance, and I open the door, peeking my head out into the empty hallway. After ensuring the coast was clear, I tightly clutch the key in my hand and make my way to Carriedo's room. I tightly grasp the handle, taking one last, quick, looking around before inserting the key and opening the door, closing it behind me. I stand there, frozen in silence, checking to see if anyone would come check; luckily, it seems no one heard me. Without bothering to close his door, I creep inside the room, keeping my eye out for the locket. After a few moments, I sigh in defeat, knowing I can't spend any more time on this. I walk over to the back of the room and trace my hand over the frames of the windows, trying to figure out which one opens. My finger gets caught on a small lever on the bottom of the far right window, and I smirk.

Just as my hand pushes the window open, I hear a voice shout from behind me, "Hey!" My head whips around, recognizing the voice as one of the men from the hallway. Time seems to move in slow motion as he runs towards me and I turn back towards the window, jumping out onto Carriedo's balcony.

But, I don't see the rowboat.

The man leaps through the window after me as I lean over the side of the balcony, looking for any means of escape. He grabs my shoulder and turns me around, leaning back before throwing his whole body weight into a nasty head butt that sends me crashing to the floor. He begins to scream for assistance, my head spinning as I paw for the railing of the balcony. Although my vision is blurry, I see a figure enter the room at full speed, and my heart drops knowing that everything Abel and I had done was in vain. The man quickly closes the distance between us, and I watch in shock as he throws a punch at my attacker. "(Name), are you ok? Get up! We have to go!" He screams, leaning down as he grabs my hand and throws my arm over his shoulder.

"W-What is going on?" I stammer, realizing it was Abel.

"They know," he grunts, his stomach hitting the top of the railing harshly as he looks over the edge. "We need to get out of here now."

I hear a wave of footsteps narrowing in on us, and my heart begins to race. "Here," he says, placing my hand onto the railing. "Give me one second and I'll help you over." He quickly hops over the small fence and stretches his hand to me, but I can't seem to move. "(Name), come on."

"I-I can't," I respond weakly, feeling my legs growing weaker.

His voice cracks in desperation, "Please, (Name)! This is our only chance!" I muster every ounce of strength I have into releasing the bar and grasping his hand, and he, quite literally, pulls me over the rail. The railing seems to extend along the side of the boat, and he positions me where my back hits his chest, and begins inching his way towards, what looks to be, a hidden deck. "We're almost there." I attempt to follow his hand and feet movements with my own, trying to work with him to get us across, but my head slowly begins falling back into his chest. "Stay awake, (Name)."