Chapter 13: The Shout of a Bullet

Start from the beginning

"What is your name, brat?"

"Captain Trafalgar Law, sir." He stood proudly with that smirk still on his face. More cannonballs boomed in the distance. "Have fun slicing his head off. I'm busy."

Before Ochoku could think of an insult, the mysterious Captain Law was suddenly replaced with a lone pebble. "The hell was that guy?" He growled and then locked onto the ship in the distance with eyes of fury. "BLACKBEARD!!" His voice pained the eardrums of anyone in a three-mile radius. In a flash, Ochoku zipped out of sight and ran straight to his next target.

Law stood perched on a rooftop admiring his work. "There Ash...I hope that helped you." He adjusted his hat back in place, with still no sight of the young woman. He leaped roof to roof to continue on with his search. "I'll be there. I promise. I won't let you get hurt ever again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Holy shit that's a lot of guns." Ash's eyes doubled in size at the towering crates of weaponry.

"Er, yeah..." Koby rubbed the back of his head. He wasn't sure how smart it was to let a stranger search through confiscated black market merchandise. "So...what do you need with these exactly?"

The woman had already begun digging through each box. "Don't worry, I'm just going to take a couple if you don't mind." She said and then looked at the bashful Officer with a kind smile. Her hair reflected the light like an ocean pearl. "Go on ahead, I'll be alright." Koby was caught off guard by the woman's reassurance. He looked at her with a funny face, making her giggle. She continued, "I can't thank you enough. I'm really happy we crossed paths." She approached him with hands politely behind her back. "You're a good man, Officer Koby. Go, save this island. The world needs a refreshing hero like you. I promise these guns will be used for good. You can trust me."

The young Marine blushed from the implication of himself being a hero. He was never great at taking compliments, not to mention her eyes were hypnotizing. They danced like the mist of a crashing waterfall. "Uh-erm..." He hesitated, face beet red. He gulped. "R-right. I won't let you down!"

Ash beamed. "Fantastic! Now go!"

Koby began to dive head-first into destruction but turned on his heel, "Wait, I never caught your name!"

"Oh.." Should she tell her name to a Marine? It surprised her how deep she had to dig in herself to respond to the boy's simple question. She still harbored a grudge against the Marines. They turned their backs on her and her people while they died such agonizing deaths. It's disgusting to think while they parade their flag claiming righteousness. Did he deserve her name?

Her raven man's anger returned to memory. His pain and his sorrow. She could feel it under her skin. How awful this hatred must be, eating away at his flesh every second of the day. She chose not to let hatred take a bite of her today.

"Y/n." Her mouth pulled it out of her like an old book on a shelf that hadn't been touched in centuries.

Koby smiled. "It was nice meeting you, y/n! Stay safe out there!"

And then the pure-hearted sailor disappeared.

The sound of her saying her birth name continued to echo against the walls. What a funny sound. Was it a good idea? After all these years of hiding? That name had died in her mother's arms years ago, left behind. There was a surge of power that coursed through her veins. Saying her name aloud to that young soldier...it was a way of saying to him "I'm a survivor. I'm alive."

She must prove it now.

A few dusty crates later, Ash's dainty hands got ahold of the perfect weapon. Since the beginning, she had possessed an amazingly sharp eye. This benefited her with her art of course, but also in combat. It was how she was able to achieve such great accuracy with both her paintbrushes and needles. Her precision made her a considerable foe. After all, combat is an art in itself, and she was a great artist.