M/n looks at the boy suspiciously before shrugging it off and taking another sip.

M/n: Well just no funny business alright? I have to do some work around the house, and I do not want to hear anything inappropriate.

Y/n: Ay má!

His mother begins to laugh at her flustered child, causing him to rub his forehead in frustration. He quickly texts Petra giving her the green light. The two plan a time, before he puts down his phone and stands up to clean his room. 

TV: And on today's news, three more piles of ash were found scattered across New York this morning. 

The two turn their heads towards the television showing a reporter standing across a crime scene with cops analyzing the scene. The screen suddenly shifts to a map showing three markers across the map. One in Koreatown, one by town square, and another in Yorkville. 

Y/n: There's more?

TV: Such as before, small droplets remain under each of these piles of ash. Identifying the victims once again. Today's victims are as follows, the villains Beetle, Bullseye, and Tinkerer. 

M/n: Seems to be a pattern…

Y/n: Yeah, it's all been villains so far. Are they all really being hunted?

M/n: It seems that way, are you feeling okay mijo?

The teen frowns and shakes his head. This only made his mother worry more as she leaned closer to her son.

Y/n: Not at all, people are getting incinerated and are dropping like flies.

M/n: Seems they're only targeting villains though?

Y/n: Yeah maybe that's the pattern now, but what if they start taking out heroes too? 

M/n: Hm, I see your point. That would be scary, hopefully they catch them before things get worse.

Y/n: Yeah… hopefully, so far all news has just been depressing so I think I'll change it.

The boy grabs the remote and switches through the channels. Multiple channels flicker, he couldn't decide what to put on, before handing his remote to his mother. She looks at the teen who just shrugs and gets up.

Y/n: Do we still have chips ma? 

M/n: No, you kids finished it all during the sleepover, remember?

Y/n: Hm… I'm gonna go to the store real quick then.

Before he could even turn around and take a step towards the door, she suddenly stops him.

M/n: Mijo, you were attacked last week Y/n. I don't know if you should be going out, what if that alien thing comes after you? 

Y/n: Well… Spider-woman and The Glitch saved me, so I should be okay. It's like 5 minutes away, I'll be back here as soon as I can.

The woman held a powerful glare before rubbing her head. Seems that's something the two of them have in common.

M/n: They won't be there to always save you… Y/n, remember what I taught you.. after your father passed?

Y/n: Never… rely on anyone.

His mother nods, she gets up and beings to rummage through the kitchen drawers 

M/n: I noticed a while ago that I hadn't seen your knife I gave you. What happened to it? Did you lose it?

Y/n thinks for a moment… looking back at it, he lost it the day he was bit… though it's best he doesn't tell her about that. It's bad enough with the incidents she does know.