Fourteen

After a few days, I was as good as new, Patricia had said I had healed well and should be fine. I helped Maggie around the house as a way of saying thank you to her, cleaning up the dishes or doing the laundry. Carl was awake but was too weak to leave the bed, but Hershel said he would be fine.

I tried my best to ignore and avoid Shane. He scared me. I was walking around the farm collecting everyone's laundry in a basket so I could bring it to one of the wells and wash it.

The closest well I could use was a further from the house as Hershel didn't want us using the ones close to the house as his family used them. We respected his decision and I went to the well, I pumped the hose and filled a bucket with the water and some soap, putting in some of the clothes and letting them sit for a few minutes.

It was early in the morning, Dale was making breakfast with Carol, Dad was out with Hershel, and Glenn and Maggie were acting really weird. As I started scrubbing the clothes, I turned to see Dale and Carol as they laughed, happy to have some bacon to cook. I waved at the two as we weren't too far away from each other. They waved back, and Dale ran over to me.

I smiled as Dale came into view, " What's up?" I asked, " I got a surprise for you, can you guess what it is?" He asked with a smile, I smiled back at him and took a deep breath in. My eyes widened as a sudden wave of nausea hit me like a truck. I held my mouth and dropped the clothes on the ground, standing up and running over to some bushes and threw up.

Dale ran up behind me, grabbing my hair and holding it back as the vomit kept coming. He rubbed my back as I finished, gasping for breath as it stung my nostrils. I spat on the ground, standing up and wiping the sides of my mouth with the back of my hand.

" Are you okay?" Dale asked, a worried look on his face. I nodded my head. " I'm okay, I don't know what came over me," I chuckled. Dale looked at me for a second before his eyes widened slightly. " What?" I asked." You threw up when the small of meat hit you.", " It's been so long since I've had meat. Maybe my body had a reaction to its smell," I chuckled, trying to make a joke.

Dale pressed his hand to my stomach, feeling around it. " Dale, what are you doing?" ," I think you're pregnant." My eyes widened before I chuckled," Pregnant? You have to be joking."  " When was the last time you had your period?", " I'm not telling you that, Dale, you're overreacting."

" What's going on?" Glenn suddenly asked, stopping in confusion when he saw Dale pressing his hand against my stomach. " Nothing -" " Glenn, I think she's pregnant," Dale practically yelled. " Dale, would you keep your voice down? Okay, I'm not pregnant. My period is a little late, but it usually is when I'm stressed. Okay, calm down. I'll get my period in a few days."

" Do I smell bacon?" Shane asked, stepping out of the house with Andrea. " What's going on here?" Andrea asked, turning to us. Dale suddenly pulled his hand away from my stomach at the sight of Shane. " Nothing, Amber was just telling me her stomach felt a little tight." ," So you had to feel it?" Andrea asked.

" Dale, the bacon is going to burn!!" Carol yelled, Dale, Glenn, and Andrea ran over to Carol so they could get some fresh food. I turned to walk back to the laundry, stopping and walking back when Shane stood in front of me. " You're avoiding me." " Not now, Shane, I have chores to do." ," No, I'm sick of you ignoring me, so we're gonna talk now."

I sighed and looked up at Shane. He's been acting deranged since he got back from the run with Otis. " What do you want me to say, Shane?" " That you're coming back to me. I miss spending my nights with you." Shane's hands grabbed my waist, " How soft your skin is against mine, how deep I can bury my dick inside you. Your moans as my hands roam your body." He said biting his lip " So you miss fucking me, is that what you're trying to say?".