chapter 6

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

I WAS STARVING, parched, and felt like I was losing my sanity back here. Not only that but it felt like it was a 100 degrees in here, especially with the thick fabric I had on.

Aleia had told me that this plane would take off at noon, but until now, I still felt no sign of anyone. I had taken a nap to make time go faster only to wake up in my own sweat.

I was having a war in between my head whether I should take my hoodie off to let my body cool off from the heat— but I was scared. For some reason I felt like somebody was gonna walk through that door any minute and see me half naked in the back room of a plane, and my self respect couldn't let that type of humiliation happen.

I scoot a little in the small space to look outside the small window blocked by a load of boxes. I moved them a little— with the small amount of strength I had I couldn't move it entirely. So I was only seeing a little peak, but it was just enough to let me see whether it was day or night.

As I looked out, I squinted my eyes adjusting to the brightness. It seemed like it was atleast lunch time. Grumble.

I whimper, placing my hands on my stomach. I'm starved. I hadn't eaten since yesterday and all I could think about was Christa's baked goods, or my mother's home made Coq au Vin.

Thinking about my mother's food made me think about her. I wonder if she missed me, or was looking for me. My stomach tightens at the thought and I was hit with a wave of guilt.

She tried to marry you off... Slap!. Slap!. Slap.!

I wince at the memory of her slapping me, she had never hurt me before, at least not physically. I tried changing her mind, but in the end it resulted into her turning into someone else, she didn't seem like my mother, or rather she was finally showing her true colours.

Sighing, I lay my head on the box and close my eyes as I felt the tiny molecules of sweat drip from my head and also from my body.

I decide to give in and take it off, leaving me in only a tank top or atleast that's what Aleia had called it. I didn't know the fashion sense in the modern world. Maybe when I'm there I can finally try on something that would make me comfortable for once.

I push my golden brunette hair to my back and fan myself with my hands. My stomach kept grumbling but I was constantly reminding myself that it was okay and I could eat as much as I wanted once I was out of here.

Minutes passed and I let out a groan. I stand up and look at the tall amount of the boxes, there has to be something in one of them. I didn't want to be labelled a thief in my head, but I was so hungry to the point where I couldn't handle it anymore.

I try opening the lid of one of the boxes but stumble at my attempt to do so. Not giving up— I stand back up and try to reach for the box at the top. I tip toed and tried pushing it to let it fall down. The tip of my fingers were nearly there as I was wincing while trying to reach it.