Pei Chuan looked at the person in front of him, who had a somewhat fragile expression on his face, inexplicably resembling a kitten, and Pei Chuan's heart suddenly softened a bit.

He raised his hand, and placed it on the top of the young man's soft hair, stroking it lightly.

Pei Chuan's lips moved, and he was about to speak when there was a knock on the door.

"Master Pei, dinner is ready." Uncle Li said from outside the door.

Pei Chuan responded, and put his hand down. He restrained his emotions, and said to Lin Sui with his usual expression: "Let's go down to eat."

The dinner is cooked by the aunt at home, and they are all light dishes, as Pei Chuan had specially instructed.

Lin Suici's health is not yet fully recovered, so it is suitable for him to eat some light food. Although it is light, it looks delicious, and it can even be compared to the food in those big hotels outside.

The two sat face to face at the large rectangular solid wood dining table, with a somewhat quiet atmosphere.

Pei Chuan is not a talkative person, while Lin Suici, who was originally a reserved and cold person, is now suffering from aphasia and unwilling to speak again.

Lin Suici was very uncomfortable and couldn't relax in such an environment. Even his hands under the table were unconsciously clasped, and his mind was still thinking about what Pei Chuan had just said to him.

Pei Chuan on the opposite side calmly took a bowl of fresh fish and tofu soup, and placed it in front of Lin Suici, "Try it, see if it's good?"

The man's tone was always calm and natural, as if he can maintain this calm and composed state no matter what environment he is in.

Lin Suici couldn't do it, or in other words, many people couldn't do it.

The steaming milky white fish soup was exuding an attractive aroma. Lin Suici likes to eat fish and also likes to drink fish soup.

He temporarily suppressed the messy thoughts in his mind, and nodded politely at Pei Chuan, then picked up a porcelain spoon, and took a sip of the fish soup.

"Be careful, it's hot." Pei Chuan reminded him.

Lin Suici paused for a while, then blew gently on the spoon before putting it into his mouth.

The fish soup was very fragrant, and the tofu and fish were also cooked very tenderly, melting easily in the mouth.

Lin Suici has never had much appetite in the last few days, but this soup really suits his taste. He drank half a bowl in one go, and inadvertently raised his eyes to find that Pei Chuan on the opposite side didn't move his chopsticks and was watching him quietly.

The man's eyebrows are high, with deep facial features, and he is handsome to the point of arrogance. He has a kind of aggressive appearance that even if he frowns a little, he will look fierce, giving people a sense of pressure.

When Lin Suici first met him, he was afraid, and of course, he is also a bit afraid now.

But when Pei Chuan looked at others seriously, it gave people a deep feeling, as if only that person was left in his eyes, which could easily make people fall in.

Just like now, Lin Suici's heart suddenly started beating faster, and then he choked on the fish soup that he hadn't had time to swallow.

He put down the spoon and coughed violently.

Pei Chuan immediately got up and walked over, patting the young man's thin back with his palm, his cold eyes filled with concern.

After a while, Lin Suici stopped coughing.

"Is it still uncomfortable?" Pei Chuan took out a tissue and wiped his wet mouth.

Lin Suici shook his head. Because of the severe cough, his eyes were clouded with mist, the corner of his eyes were also stained pink. Even his cheeks and ears turned slightly red, looking as if he was bullied.

Pei Chuan calmly withdrew his gaze, and told him to be more careful next time, then he went back and sat down.

After Lin Suici calmed down, he realized that just now, Pei Chuan helped him wipe the corners of his mouth, and the tips of his ears turned red again.

Not only this time, but there were also various intimate gestures before, such as touching his head, holding his wrist, and even hugging him on the bed in the hospital while he was asleep.

It seems that Pei Chuan did have other purposes in helping him.

Realizing this, Lin Suici lowered his eyelashes slightly, and the previous silence returned to his eyes.