Chapter 9

Chloe's POV:

There it was that question I never wished to hear. For a moment, I thought if I ignored him, he'd drop it. I mean, Kai was still crying, and on top of that, the phone started to ringing, and Nicole wasn't home to answer it. I walked over to get the thermometer and check Kai's temperature, all while he was still crying and the phone was still ringing nonstop.

"You know, I have the same mark on my shoulder. So does my father and my grandmother," Jimin said, clearly not dropping the subject. Did he know? I mean, Kai looked a lot like him, and I thought his birthmark was just his unique thing. how was I supposed to know it was hereditary? Jimin and I happened years ago, and it was a one-time thing.

"Jimin, please drop it," I asked of him, checking the thermometer. the temperature was high. I picked up Kai, rubbing his back as I walked to the medicine cabinet.

"If Kai's mine, I deserve to know, don't you think?" Jimin asked still applying pressure that was made worse by the loud crying of our son and the stupid phone going off.

"Yes! Dammit, he's yours. There, happy?" I shouted at him. Just at that moment, the phone stopped ringing, and my answer made him shut up.

I took out some ibuprofen for the children and gave Kai the amount he was allowed to swallow. Luckily, he downed it without hesitation. Thank the bubblegum flavor for that.

"Why haven't you-" I heard Jimin's voice ask, but right now, I was not having it. Kai was starting to calm down.

"Let me put him to sleep, and we'll talk if you want after that," I offered, not even giving him a chance to answer me before I carried Kai to his room and helped him to bed.

"Goodnight, my angel," I whispered, kissing his forehead and then handing him the teddy bears he loved and making sure to tuck them in too. I took my sweet time getting up from his side. I flicked off the lights. I made sure to turn on his nightlight then finally exited his room. I looked down the hall and saw Jimin had made himself right at home, sitting comfortably on the couch with his legs slightly spread apart and his arms on the armrest.

"He fell asleep the moment his head hit the pillow," I answered, filling the kettle with water and then putting it on the stove before finally facing Jimin.

"So, he's mine?"

"I've answered your question before. Yes," I replied, adding honey to the tea I was making for myself, forgetting to offer him some. But then again, he was more of a cold-brew guy.

"How come you never came to find me to let me know huh?" he asked, using an inquisitive tone I didn't appreciate. "You here for money, aren't you?! He probably isn't even mine!!," he accused me, standing up with his finger pointed at me. I set the mug down and stepped up to him.

"How fucking dare you!" I slapped his pointing finger away. "We had our encounter three years ago! Don't you think if I wanted money, I'd come to you the moment I found out about my pregnancy?" I lashed out at him. His accusation was pissing me off. I didn't deserve to be treated like this. "I never even asked for money. the only reason we met again was because I saw a job listing, and on top of that, you are the one who asked me who the father of MY CHILD was." I sighed, walking away to go pick up my tea again.

"Then why didn't you tell me? I demand a DNA test."

"You know what?" I shouted at him and walked to the bathroom to grab Kai's toothbrush. I shoved it into Jimin's chest and then opened the door for him. "Get the fuck out of my house. NOW!" The neighbors could see and hear me, but I didn't care. They were not the ones who had to deal with this bullshit.

Thank u guys for reading Chapter 9 I don't get a lot to say other than what do u guys think is Jimin wrong for yelling at her or not? Let's find out more in the next chapter

Chapter 10 coming up :)- Author

....Would commenting kill y'all? -_- -Editor