7 - My CW Assignment Pt 3

After that, they were sent to crime scene after crime scene, which was clearly starting to wear the two of them down. Having to see all those poor people blown up so bad the only way to identify them was by dental records.

He stares at the ceiling, zoning out. They still haven't found any evidence of who the killer is. They interviewed the victims' families, which again, Katsuki and Izuku were sent to do. They all had tons of enemies or people who would want to get rid of them, which made the job even more difficult.

They haven't been able to rest at all, either at their desks, other departments, or the crime scene itself. Even if Izuku could sleep, every time he closes his eyes, all he sees is the burnt bodies of the people who used to torment him for fun.

He sees it in Katsuki too, the way he zones out any moment he can get. Izuku wonders if he's thinking the same thing as him, how they used to know these people, how they got firsthand how crappy they were.

"Oi. Don't fall asleep on me shit nerd. We're not gonna get anywhere if you pass out."

Katsuki looks down at him from his standing position, holding out a paper cup full of steaming coffee. Izuku gives him a small smile and takes the cup, sipping some of the hot liquid.

"Thanks Kacchan."

Katsuki nods, taking a huge gulp from his own paper cup. He looks over at izuku's desk, which is a mess.

"Get anywhere on your end?"

Izuku shakes his head, pushing his curls out of his face. He was the one in charge of checking the victims' relations. The problem was that these people weren't very liked, and judging by their actions, they really screwed tons of people over.

Katsuki was in charge of communicating with the other departments, getting dental records, victim conditions, evidence, all of that stuff. He had insisted on taking the bigger load much to Izuku's displeasure.

"No, you?"

Katsuki nods and Izuku looks up at him. The eyebags on his face are a clear sign that he's just as tired as Izuku. Still, his eyes are clear and alert.

"As far as i can right now. The other departments are taking their sweet fucking time apparently. I'm still waiting to hear about any other findings, which is annoying as all hell."

Katsuki looks back to him, his eyes narrowed as he scans Izuku. He is silent for a moment.

"You look like shit."

Izuku lets out a laugh, but it comes out kind of weirdly flat due to his exhaustion.

"You too Kacchan, you sure you don't want to sleep for a while? I can finish up my work while you do so at least one of us is rested."

Katsuki rolls his red eyes and gives Izuku a look.