14: The End

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Uh, yes. My name's Cole McGrath. I'm out at long River on the north end where the North Huey Docks are. I'm getting ready to do some early mornin' fishing and I heard arguing. When I went over to see what was going on, I saw a man choking another man. And the man he was choking was stark naked."

"Are the two men still there?"

"Yes ma'am. And the one he choked, I think he's dead now cause he ain't moving."

"Okay and you said this is near the North Huey Docks?"

"Yes. But you need to hurry. Because I'm pretty sure he's masterbating to the dead guy."

"Oh- Uh- um... okay. Don't worry Mr. McGrath, I'm sending authorities over immediately. But you need to leave the area. It's very dangerous."

"Oh, I'm hiding in the trees. He can't see me."

"Sir, for your safety, I'm going to have to ask you-"

"Oh heavens, he done shot this man. He has a gun and he pointed it at him and shot him. I don't know what the hell is going on but I don't think that man is surviving all that."

"We're sending EMS to see about the man but sir, you really do need to leave the area for your safety."

"But ya'll are gone miss him. He's getting in his car and leaving. I'm gonna follow him."

"Sir. Do not do that. It's dangerous."

"Hold on let me get back in my truck."

"Sir."

Cole doesn't answer or say anything until he's back on the main road.

"Oh, okay, I got 'em. He's driving on the highway."

"Mr. McGrath."

"Don't worry, missy. I'm keeping my eye on him."

"Do you know what color car he's driving?"

"Brown I think. Like a real light brown."

"Tan?"

"Yeah."

"Can you tell me where he is? Is he speeding?"

"Naw, not speedin'."

"Okay, can you tell me where he is?"

"On the highway."

"Where on the highway? Which direction is he going? Are there any exit signs?"

"Uh... I don't know ma'am. I can't look at that, him, the road, and focus on you at the same time. I'm seventy four years old."

"Okay just answer me this. Is he going towards the sun or away from the sun."

"Away from the sun."

"Okay then he's headed west. Thank you for that. Do you see any signs with numbers anywhere?"

"Look lady. I already told you I can't do all that. Let me just follow him until he gets where he's going. I'll call you back."

"No. Sir, don't do that. Don't hang up. How about I just stay on the line with you in case you need me. It's for your protection."

"Okay. Cause I can't give you no directions. I'm seventy four years old."

"Alright. I understand."

And Mr. McGrath is true to his word. He quite literally does not speak until he reaches a stopping point.

"Okay. You still there?"