Celebratory Mini-Party

Start from the beginning

Y/n scoffed at the notice and looked for her Coven-Brother: Steve. Steve Tholomule was about 5 years older than Y/n and Hunter. Steve had taken Y/n under his wing and helped her in any time he could. He helped her learn to read big words, use magic, and even defeat huge beasts. But even he was nowhere to be found today.

Emperor Belos sat high and mighty on his golden throne in front of the Titan's beating, black heart. His face was covered with his deer-like mask as usual and his armored hands gripped the arm-rests, leaving scratches in the metal.

Y/n took her bow to Belos, a few feet away. Then she stood up with her back straight. The armor was heavy on her shoulders, the leather gloves were too tight, and the silver mask was suffocating. "Emperor Belos," she beckoned.

"Bright and early, Miss Y/n," Belos acknowledged. "What brings you in?"

"Coven Guard Steve and the Golden Guard are nowhere present in the castle sir. I'd like to know their current locations," Y/n requested.

The Emperor let out a humble chuckle, amused by Y/n. "Inquisitive as usual. Be careful as curiosity killed the cat, you know. Steve is currently scouting the mines of the knee. We've been working for months and still no sign of Titan's Blood. If I had my old journal we'd be able to find it quicker, but alas."

Y/n nodded cautiously. The Veins of the Titan were horribly dangerous and the tunnels collapsing constantly was very frightful. Belos continued, "The Golden Guard has been sent on a special mission to retrieve Palistrom Wood, but most of the forests have been over-harvested. So the next option was the Bat Queen's Palismen, he'll be working late into the night I'm afraid."

Hunter wasn't going to be coming tonight? What did Belos need Palismen for anyways? No one outside of the school students needed the Palistrom wood. First the Selkiedomus Scales a few weeks ago, now this? He's just doing this because it's the Day of Unity... probably. I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WITH HIM! Y/n was thinking.

Y/n shook her head to ignore those thoughts. She bowed once again, "Thank you Sir. You've been helpful."

"Glad I could be of service." Belos replied. "Now run along, Young One."

With that Y/n left the throne room. Hunter wasn't gonna show up, given his late assignment so there was no need to clean up the crawl space and prepare for movie night. There wasn't really a need to bring sweets either if she was gonna be all alone for the first birthday in a while.

To fill her boredom in the castle, Y/n spent about an hour working out and training some of the new recruits. She then spent an hour enjoying the fresh air with a walk of Bonesborough's main village. Y/n also spent 2 hours listening to music and re-organizing her bedroom. After fixing up her library of books next to her vanity, a book fell.

Wild Magic: The Magic of Recreation. Written and Illustrations by Ingram Brothelsprouts. Y/n never even realized she'd had that book in her collection. Steve asked for it once but she claimed she didn't have it, guess she did after all. In a sudden mood to read, Y/n plopped on her multi-colored mattress, propped up her pillow, and opened the book to a random subject. She placed the book on her lap and began.

------ Time Skip brought to you by The Hoot House ------

Y/n flipped to Chapter 6: Beings of Recreation. It had been a good few hours of slow, independent, reading time. Nightfall had begun and Y/n was still hooked into the informational book.

Y/n scanned over the page first, immediately taking notice of a bolded text. "Grimwalker: A Being raised from the dead of a former bodies' bones. This being is known for sharing similar features to the ones' bones used. Essentially, a clone of a dead carcass."