Celebratory Mini-Party

Author's Note: In celebration of my 17th birthday on July 20th (and Flapjack's 2nd on the 17th), we need a one-shot of us getting a small b-day celebration while in the Emperor's Coven. You are also turning 17. 

My friend @sam_boh made the photo. Thank you for over 14k views and 300 votes! Remember: Hunter loves you <3

3rd Person POV

The once young children had turned into fine young adults. Innocence of playful laughs and sneaky tip-toeing had been limited for the longest time. It was replaced with strict requests, painful cries, and a heavy load to the shoulders.

Y/n L/n had once lived in the human realm until a fatal accident forced her to stumble into the Demon Realm. Hunter, the Prince of the Isles, was born into the chaos of it all. It was all he'd ever known and was determined to help Y/n adapt to the magical lands of the ancient carcass.

From about 8 years old, Y/n and Hunter were inseparable when inside the castle grounds. Their rooms were next to each other, they sat down at dinner together, and even had missions together for the longest time. Until 5 years ago.

5 Years Ago, Belos had finally found that the portal he once used to travel to the human realm was being held by the most wanted criminal in the Isles and he was determined to start his Plan from the Beginning. This caused the missions between the young girl and the young boy to be separated, thus causing them to grow more responsibility.

But each year they always made an exception to the constant pain of being apart. Every year on their birthdays they went into a secret crawl space in Hunter's bedroom. In that crawl space was a dug hideout big enough to have stretching room length and width, and just enough height for a tall adult to sit up straight.

During the birthday blurb, Hunter had hung human fairy-lights and Y/n brought some of the patched-blankets and under-stuffed pillows. The hole was just big enough to get good reception inside for a crystal ball to watch a movie too, and then they'd relax after a long shift cuddling into the dawns.

------ Big Time Skip brought to you by Belos Dying by the Grimace Shake ------

5 Years Later, the Day of Unity plans were set into motion. Everyone in the castle was on high alert. No stone was left in turn. The portal construction had taken most of the 5 years, now it was being pieced together. The Portal door was apprehended from the Human Girl who haunts the Isles.

As terrible as the Emperor had been over the years, his curse making him more insufferable to handle, he'd been kind this year to let everyone have one day off a year, plus their birthdays. Y/n's 17th birthday was today, but unfortunately Hunter didn't have his "One Day off a Year" today.

Hunter, or the infamous Golden Guard as he was known, had a much too busy schedule. His new role as Head of the Emperor's Coven had taken a toll on Y/n, Hunter, and their relationship.

Some parts were good, like the burst of emotion when they finally catch a break and the blushing and the awkward chatting and giggles. Some parts were bad, like the constant longing, the fear of forgetfulness, the heart's painful aching of having its partner away for too long.

Hunter and Y/n had strong feelings for one another, and each longer hiatus of spending apart left their insides growing fonder of the other. Hugs were the closest they'd gone to in terms of touch, still it wasn't enough.

That morning, Y/n came out of her bedroom with a huge smile awaiting her long-time friend's call of the dawn. Meanwhile, he was never seen exiting his bedroom. He never said "Good Morning" or a simple "Hi Y/n." Nothing. It had been weeks since they saw each other.