Cramps and Comfort, But Mostly Comfort:

Author's Note: Hiiiiiiiii! It. Has been. SO long, since I last updated! NO WORRIES, I AM STILL DOING THIS BOOK! I've been so busy and braindead from school and other shit. I have a few notes to begin with today:

First: Thank you for over 4.5k reads and officially over 100 votes! It really means a lot that y'all like my shit!

Second: No more Evelyn's Cove for a while, I need to get my shit together on that book, but plz DO NOT refrain from reading it!

Thirdly: Ya girl just got her Aunt Flow's visit today, and I/we need some comfort from our favorite fictional guy. NO JUDGING SYMPTOMS, everyone is different!

Y/n's POV

"Mhmmm," I groan as I get out of bed. (P/n) pounces on the bed, poking me lovingly. "Good Morning to you too." 

I pet her fur gently and raise from the bed, stretching as wide as I possibly can, trying to reach the ceilings. I whisk the cream-colored curtains open with a "whoosh!" The balls of cotton candy in the blue sky are next to non-existent. The glistening sun is glimmering through the window panes and it's warm outside with a gentle, cool breeze. Absolutely perfect weather for a late spring day on the Isles.

I head down the stairs, still in my pajamas. The breakfast menu for today: some chocolate chip pancakes, whipped scream, and a nice hot cup of warm, peppermint tea. (P/n) stretches her legs at the bottom of the stair, yawning cutely, before visiting me at the breakfast table eagerly awaiting a bite of food.

After chores of laundry and sweeping, and cleaning up the house as a whole, I check my socials on Penstagram and read my interesting Quillpad stories for an hour, relaxing my brain and body. Next thing I know, it's already lunch! I eat up quickly as I get a great idea and pack up snacks and supplies to head to Palm Stings for a refreshing swim at one of the lakes.

I grab my suit and head into the bathroom. I fix up my hair and strip my socks beginning to change into my bathing suit, and that's when my mood and day did a 180. She had come to visit! "OH COME ON!" I yelled out. (P/n) made some distressed noise from behind the door and I hear her steps frantically disappear.

I grabbed my supplies and sat on the toilet for a second, infuriated. "Why?" I ask no one in particular. "Why must you come at the worst impromptu moment? What did I do to deserve this?"

"Lol, be born!" My brain answers for me.

Suddenly, I wasn't feeling motivated to go out and do anything. Cramps hit me like a truck and certainly the exercise I tried to do wasn't helping me, like normal. It felt like it was getting worse. I became a downhill spiral over the past week and it culminated into this single moment. 

My schooling wasn't doing as good lately, my personal life felt more shitty, I couldn't focus and felt lazy, and I didn't feel clean even though I had a nice shower just yesterday. I felt like a failure or that I wasn't good enough for anyone.

With that all in mind, I just let loose and cried on the couch, like a baby. I felt pathetic and the more I tried to tell myself "That's not true! None of that is true, and Hunter would tell you that! Hunter would always be there for you!" the more I started to feel worse. Like my inner self wanted to tell me it was all lies.

Sure enough, someone came knocking at my door. I didn't even care who saw my reddened cheeks, snail lines or tears, and puffy eyes. It was probably one of the girls anyways. I sulked to the door and opened it up roughly.

"Y/n?" Hunter stood at the doorway, smiling. He had a bag in his arms, his blue watermelon t-shirt and khaki shorts on, with his white crocs and Eda's stolen sunglasses from one of her Human Realm escapades.